Need help on a replacement receptical
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

desertengineer

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2024 :  19:08:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've loved the fun with the 600+, but unfortunately, it has not withstood the time. Two issues I'm currently dealing with.... First, the USB-B SMD receptacle was not strongly soldered, and one day, fell off. Obviously can't charge it now. Need to know the component part number to re-solder it (I have an SMD workstation).

Second - the Pancake tube Anode is freely rotating - not glued or crimped hard enough, and any more movement will surely damage it. I plan to drop a small bit of epoxy on it once confirmed it's working again (when I can charge it), but FYI - this is a quality issue.

Biggest need is the replacement part number for the USB Mini-B receptacle. Just shoot me a part number from Mouser or Digikey and I can get that fixed first. Do not want to spend another $300+ on a replacement.
Reply #1

desertengineer

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2024 :  19:15:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For GQ: Board version is GMC6 5.3 Just need a replacement USB Mini B SMD.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

desertengineer

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2024 :  21:39:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you, sir! Simply, i desire someone at GQ to tell me a conformal SMD part that will meet the SMD traces and solder anchor points. I can do the rest. There are many options out there, many with specific pin spacing. Anchoring down the Anode cap should be easy. Just need to verify it’s not damaged and a good electrically conductive epoxy will solve that. I am formally SMD solder trained and can easily fix the connector. Just would like a “bone” from them on what they use to save a lot of research to find a suitable “Sub”.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #3

EmfDev

2157 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2024 :  10:20:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi desertengineer, did you lose the old one? please email support@gqelectronicsllc.com, we can send you a new USB mini socket.

For the anode part, you can tighten it. we have improved for the latest version.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.06 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000