GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum


GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 GQ Electronics Forums
 2.GQ Geiger Muller Counter
 GMC 320 plus V5, latest Firmware Version?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Geo-Johnny

Austria
83 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2019 :  23:55:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello all ...

Recently I bought the Geiger counter GMC 320 plus V5. Now I would like to know if I am up to date, because nobody knows how long the device was already in the store in stock. Now my question, what is the last current firmware number? And from where do you get the current version?

Best regards ...
JOHNNY

GMC-320+V5 & GMC-500+
Reply #1

Franglish9265

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2019 :  17:16:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Geo-Johnny

Hello all ...

Recently I bought the Geiger counter GMC 320 plus V5. Now I would like to know if I am up to date, because nobody knows how long the device was already in the store in stock. Now my question, what is the last current firmware number? And from where do you get the current version?

Best regards ...
JOHNNY



I would like to know this also.

Also, does anyone know how to change out the tube for a better one? The M4111 is too sensitive to light.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

EmfDev

800 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2019 :  08:26:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Geo-Johnny, and Franglish9265, you need to contact customer support email to find out the latest firmware update for your unit.
They'll need your serial numbers.

Franglish9265, you can also ask support if there's available M4011 with black glass.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #3

Franglish9265

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2019 :  18:48:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by EmfDev

Hi Geo-Johnny, and Franglish9265, you need to contact customer support email to find out the latest firmware update for your unit.
They'll need your serial numbers.

Franglish9265, you can also ask support if there's available M4011 with black glass.



Yes, I have. I've been searching for such tubes, seems like I'll have to use a soldering iron and swap out the M40111 for an #1057;#1041;#1052;-20 tube. I may consider buying an arduino kit and getting two SBM 20 tubes on it.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #4

Franglish9265

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2019 :  18:49:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Franglish9265

quote:
Originally posted by EmfDev

Hi Geo-Johnny, and Franglish9265, you need to contact customer support email to find out the latest firmware update for your unit.
They'll need your serial numbers.

Franglish9265, you can also ask support if there's available M4011 with black glass.



Yes, I have. I've been searching for such tubes, seems like I'll have to use a soldering iron and swap out the M40111 for an SBM-20 tube. (Cyrillic doesn't seem to work) I may consider buying an arduino kit and getting two SBM 20 tubes on it.

Go to Top of Page
Reply #5

Geo-Johnny

Austria
83 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2019 :  23:49:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by EmfDev

Hi Geo-Johnny, and Franglish9265, you need to contact customer support email to find out the latest firmware update for your unit.
They'll need your serial numbers.


Thank you for information. I will do it so.

GMC-320+V5 & GMC-500+
Go to Top of Page
Reply #6

EmfDev

800 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2019 :  09:22:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Franglish9265, the GMC500/+ uses black m4011 tube. Maybe ask support if they're willing to sell just the tube.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #7

Geo-Johnny

Austria
83 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2019 :  09:52:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Franglish9265

Also, does anyone know how to change out the tube for a better one? The M4111 is too sensitive to light.



Would it work on the counter tube M4011 to give a black heat shrink tube, if it is so photosensitive? Or does the shrink tubing interfere with the sensitivity?

Okay, the Support answer me that i have the newest firmware Rev 5.51 on my GMC 320+ V5. Thats good :)

GMC-320+V5 & GMC-500+
Go to Top of Page
Reply #8

EmfDev

800 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2019 :  12:33:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Geo-Johnny

quote:
Originally posted by Franglish9265

Also, does anyone know how to change out the tube for a better one? The M4111 is too sensitive to light.



Would it work on the counter tube M4011 to give a black heat shrink tube, if it is so photosensitive? Or does the shrink tubing interfere with the sensitivity?

Okay, the Support answer me that i have the newest firmware Rev 5.51 on my GMC 320+ V5. Thats good :)



According to our engineer, the black tube has same sensitivity as the transparent one. But less sensitive to light.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #9

Franglish9265

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2019 :  10:51:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by EmfDev

quote:
Originally posted by Geo-Johnny

quote:
Originally posted by Franglish9265

Also, does anyone know how to change out the tube for a better one? The M4111 is too sensitive to light.



Would it work on the counter tube M4011 to give a black heat shrink tube, if it is so photosensitive? Or does the shrink tubing interfere with the sensitivity?

Okay, the Support answer me that i have the newest firmware Rev 5.51 on my GMC 320+ V5. Thats good :)



According to our engineer, the black tube has same sensitivity as the transparent one. But less sensitive to light.



Ok I will consider that.

My serial number is F8883C23DB15F
Go to Top of Page
Reply #10

EmfDev

800 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2019 :  08:24:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Franglish, are you asking about the black tube or firmware revision?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.17 sec. Snitz Forums 2000