Newbie Needing Some Help Please
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

catman

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2017 :  17:10:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everybody,i am a total newbie.i just received a new GMC-300+V4 Geiger Counter yesterday.
Am stumbling thru the setup and am making some progress and have a lot of questions.
I bought the unit because i live near Turkey Point NPS in Florida.
It's an old plant and has a lot of issues.
I used to live near the TMI NPS when it nearly melted down in 1979.Close call!..We didn't have cheap Geiger counters for home use back then,but we do now so i'm taking advantage of it.

I just added my location to the world map but the only reading posted is CPM but not uSv/h or ACPM.
So my first question is..how do i tell the unit to transfer the missing data to the map??
Any help is appreciated.

Reply #1

GBG12

Canada
97 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2017 :  18:38:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi catman,
Many of us use our GQ detectors to feed data to other map sites, some of which which provide a bit better data presentation (IMHO). Old data is removed or is easy to spot and history is available in graphical form. Check out Radmon.org and Netc.com. Using the audio output of the GQ detector, I am able to feed both sites at the same time, using an audio splitter and 2 mic inputs. With the detector's data output feeding this site, I think a triple play is even possible.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

catman

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2017 :  10:16:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for your reply GBG12.I found NETC yesterday but didn't know if it's possible to connect with them with my unit.
Will check on Radmon.com.

Unfortunately the power button on my brand new GMC-300+ has begun to malfunction.The unit only turns "On"sporadically and the problem is getting worse.Will be sending it back as defective for a refund.Then i'll purchase the GMC-320.When my new unit arrives i'll start all over again.
Thanks again for your reply.

Edited by - catman on 03/30/2017 11:10:39
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.06 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000