9V Rechargeable Lithium Battery - Tube HV
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wa5dxp

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2011 :  05:23:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone tried using a rechargeable 9V Lithium battery in the GC80, by charging it in an external charger instead of using the built-in charger? Since I'm running the maximum voltage on my Anton 6107 tube, just wondering if it would extend the battery life in portable operation?

ALSO, has anyone figured a way to get the voltage up to 750 volts as recommended for the Anton 6107 Tube? The max I can get out is under 600 volts.
Reply #1

Odiez1

73 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2011 :  06:40:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you follow the thread on the 6107 mods for alpha ray, ZLM talks about a "voltage doubler" which doesn't quite double it, but I'm sure increases it.
If you at least upgrade the OEM components it will work well, as I have found, near but not maxed on the voltage. The increased capacitance helps a lot. And it you bypass the OEM anode resistors (~10meg ohm R3 & R4) and use the recommendation for the 6107 tube (1meg ohm) you'll get more voltage.

I'm not sure, considering the oscillator makes the high voltage, that any more juice from the battery will be that beneficial, except maybe to lengthen the useable time on that charge.

-Odie

Edited by - Odiez1 on 09/25/2011 06:42:40
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.06 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000