New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bobakman

USA
89 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2023 :  18:14:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To: Admin's
Can you perhaps make this a "Sticky" so all users can be aware if they are running the latest firmware?
Perhaps you can also link the firmware revisions here as well so users can update their devices?
Thanks, Bob

“If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration.”
Nikola Tesla

Edited by - Bobakman on 05/06/2023 18:16:16
Reply #1

tedssled

14 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2023 :  06:04:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I concur. That would be MOST useful. As far as I can tell, there is no way to find out what the current version of firmware is for a given device other than the prevail upon EMFDev to check for us. A simple list with links would make life easier for us and EMFDev.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

EmfDev

2132 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2023 :  10:24:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The firmware revision is tied to the device's serial number and if wrong firmware update is downloaded, the device may brick.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #3

Jadeye

34 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2023 :  11:37:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A sticky post with a list that contains the most recent version numbers and which then gets regularly updated when there's a new revision for any device, would still help a lot, even if the user needs to request the firmware file individually. :)
Go to Top of Page
Reply #4

Bobakman

USA
89 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2023 :  16:58:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jadeye

A sticky post with a list that contains the most recent version numbers and which then gets regularly updated when there's a new revision for any device, would still help a lot, even if the user needs to request the firmware file individually. :)

Agree! This way at least we will know when to submit a request for our firmware update.
Bob

“If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration.”
Nikola Tesla

Edited by - Bobakman on 05/08/2023 22:13:10
Go to Top of Page
Reply #5

ihab17

Italy
212 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2023 :  00:20:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bobakman

quote:
Originally posted by Jadeye

Agree! This way at least we will know when to submit a request for our firmware update.
Bob

Fully agree with your request. Please GQ, at least add a sticky note for the latest firmware, and it is up to us to request the FW updates based on our current Firmware
Go to Top of Page
Reply #6

Bobakman

USA
89 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2023 :  06:21:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was sent an E-mail today from GQ with the latest firmware update for my 600+ revision 2.45 which I updated today. Previous on my machine was 2.42.
I also requested a Firmware change log if available from at least 2.42 to the current revision, this too should be included in the "sticky".
Bob

Nikola Tesla
Go to Top of Page
Reply #7

Bobakman

USA
89 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2023 :  08:11:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What is the current firmware revision for the 600+ as of today 06/30/2023? I am running 2.45 on mine.
Bob

Nikola Tesla
Go to Top of Page
Reply #8

EmfDev

2132 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2023 :  10:13:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Bob, I believe it is 2.46. please email support with your serial number for the udpate.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #9

Bobakman

USA
89 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2023 :  16:56:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by EmfDev

Hi Bob, I believe it is 2.46. please email support with your serial number for the udpate.

Thanks, Just sent you an E-Mail.
Bob

Nikola Tesla
Go to Top of Page
Reply #10

Bobakman

USA
89 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2023 :  21:05:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Thank you Sir firmware on my 600+ has been successfully updated to revision 2.46.
Can you tell me what the improvements or fixes were in revision 2.46 from 2.45?
Bob

Nikola Tesla

Edited by - Bobakman on 07/03/2023 21:07:07
Go to Top of Page
Reply #11

ihab17

Italy
212 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2023 :  02:04:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Thank you Sir firmware on my 600+ has been successfully updated to revision 2.46.
Bob

I have update my GMC 600+ to this latest version, namely 2.46, and from the short time I have had to test it, the only visible thing jumped to my eyes are the several calibration factors introduced. Previously they were 2, and now if I am not mistaken they are 4 or 5
Go to Top of Page
Reply #12

Bobakman

USA
89 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2023 :  08:31:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ihab17

quote:

quote:

Bob

I have update my GMC 600+ to this latest version, namely 2.46, and from the short time I have had to test it, the only visible thing jumped to my eyes are the several calibration factors introduced. Previously they were 2, and now if I am not mistaken they are 4 or 5

Wow you're right I just checked it's actually 6 points. Which raises the question does this negate the original factory calibration which was based on less calibration points?
How do we use these 6 calibration points to calibrate the 600+?
There should be instructions in the manual for a "basic" calibration using these.
Bob

Nikola Tesla
Go to Top of Page
Reply #13

ullix

Germany
1107 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2023 :  00:13:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Previously you had 3 "calibration" points, which all coded a single(!) value. Now you have 6 "calibration" points which still all code a single value.

And a single value is all that is needed.

But you can do me a favor and download the config memory with GeigerLog 1.5 and post it on Sourceforge.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #14

Bobakman

USA
89 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2023 :  09:20:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ullix

Previously you had 3 "calibration" points, which all coded a single(!) value. Now you have 6 "calibration" points which still all code a single value.

And a single value is all that is needed.

But you can do me a favor and download the config memory with GeigerLog 1.5 and post it on Sourceforge.

Ullix posted under "Easy Data Uploads"
Bob

Nikola Tesla
Go to Top of Page
Reply #15

Bobakman

USA
89 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2023 :  21:05:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK folks the latest firmware revision for my 600+ is now 2.47. Get them request E-Mails out LOL!
Bob

Nikola Tesla
Go to Top of Page
Reply #16

Bobakman

USA
89 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2024 :  20:20:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What is the latest firmware revision for the GMC 600+? Currently I am at 2.47.
Bob

Nikola Tesla
Go to Top of Page
Reply #17

ihab17

Italy
212 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2024 :  03:05:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Bob

I am running version 2.51
Go to Top of Page
Reply #18

ihab17

Italy
212 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2024 :  14:50:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Bob

I have just updated my device to the latest FW version 2.52
Go to Top of Page
Reply #19

Bobakman

USA
89 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2024 :  18:19:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks ihab17! I'll send an E-mail request for the update.
Have you noticed any improvements in performance or know of what was changed/improved?
Thanks again, Bob

Nikola Tesla
Go to Top of Page
Reply #20

ihab17

Italy
212 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2024 :  23:34:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Thanks ihab17! I'll send an E-mail request for the update.
Have you noticed any improvements in performance or know of what was changed/improved?
Thanks again, Bob

Improvements of some crashes and few display bugs YES, improvements in the algorithm and accuracy, not much. Unfortunately QG does not release any change log, so you have to ask them and take their words for granted on what they have changed.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #21

wikilicious

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2024 :  16:59:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
GQ Rev versions don't follow 'semver' semantics...

Seems like there is a deeper issue with rev versions... A serial number wasn't enough... 'DSID' was added... https://www.gqelectronicsllc.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10394

Wishful thinking: I'd like to have a communication protocol specification mapping to firmware.

Go to Top of Page
Reply #22

Nisei

Netherlands
20 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2024 :  11:36:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just emailed them for the latest version for my 320 Plus v4
Got a reply that I'm already running the latest which apparently is 4.27
Just a waste of their time.
They should indeed make a sticky here that let's you check the latest version for your model.

John
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.11 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000