RF browser - EMF-390 odd behaviour
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jo

16 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2022 :  00:34:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,
I’ve used my meter for a year or so and something is happening now in RF browser mode that was not there before. Normally when the meter does not detect anything, it stays at 0.014V/m and the lines are flat on the screen. For a couple of days now, it’s been behaving entirely differently with constant lines appearing on the screen at 0.014V/m (see first picture). I did two factory resets already but the issue remains. Normally these lines appear when there is much higher RF in but here it’s constant. And when there is a peak the constant lines disappear only to show the peak lines (second pic). I checked my settings but for me they are the ones I have always used.

Reply #1

EmfDev

2132 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2022 :  10:10:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Jo, it may have been due to the settings RF Browser Scale was set to Auto. Check it and set it to Normal.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

Jo

16 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2022 :  01:15:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello, thanks, that worked. Unfortunately there is another problem: the meter is extremely slow in detecting/updating RF on the screen, esp. when using it at least 30cm from the source (eg. WiFi router). Did not use to be like that. Could this be due to another set-up glitch? Thanks, Jo
Go to Top of Page
Reply #3

EmfDev

2132 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2022 :  09:22:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Jo, make sure someone is using the WiFi when youre trying to detect it so that it can be detected.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.07 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000