|Latest model: GMC-500 Plus|
- Latest design
- Dual Geiger tubes
- Independent calibration factors
- Push the detection range upper limit 10 times higher
- Large LCD display
- Auto horizontal and vertical large font display
- Advanced CPU on board
- Built-in flash memory.
- Built-in WiFi
- Onboard speaker
- Real time/clock data logging
- Unlimited server logging data storage
- Submit data to any server in the world automatically
- Rechargeable battery installed
- And many more...
GMC-500 Plus is a new generation Geiger Counter from GQ Electronics. It can log the data to server via wireless WiFi connection and internal memory at same time.
Build-in WiFi ready, stay connected with Geiger Counter World Map
Free online history unlimited data storage and Geiger Counter Wold Map service. Get the reading from anywhere of the world. Software submit the data every minute.It is time to get this monitoring instrument.
Real-time testing evaluation, scientific testing on sample like: Building Material, Hospital Radiation Therapy Monitoring for Cancer, Food, Water, Indoor/outdoor,X-Ray, and more..
Real-time Graphic, Text and Large Font mode(Record radiation data and Play it back later)
This is a ready to go set. Everything included. No any adjustment needed.
Place it anywhere and then read the data.
The GQ GMC-500 Plus digital Geiger Counter is an enhanced model of all previous models. It added new features, such as WiFi connectivity on board, user defined website wireless data logging to server, new graphic UI, feature expend interface etc.
Some pictures here may be taken from a GMC-320, GMC-300 model, but GMC-500 Plus has same features on it .
It is designed to be a portable and convenient device. The device comes with built in audible and visual signals for the level of radiation detected. It can be used for radiation detection and monitoring both indoor and outdoor, as well as in other similar environments. It features automatic data recording. It can continually monitor the radiation and log the data each second into internal memory. When connected to a PC, software can download the radiation history data to the computer and the user is able to analyze those data later.
The device is equipped with an USB port, utilized for communication and external power supply/charging of the internal rechargeable battery.
The GQ GMC-500 Plus internal rechargeable battery can be charged with a standard USB charger/computer USB port or any other device with USB port. Using the USB power, continuous data monitoring is possible. Using either power adapter you will not have to worry about the batteries charge condition or any data loss.
The software newly added Geiger Counter World Map connectivity. It allows user to store the reading data via internet to server. User is able to retrieve the history data any time , anywhere in the world. The service is free to GQ GMC users with unlimited history data storage space.
The main board also has a real time clock on board for time related data logging purposes.
The USB port communicates with the GQ GMC-500 Plus demo software and the GQ Geiger Counter Data Viewer software.
The GQ GMC-500 demo software is a 1:1 to actual GMC-500 unit. Its appearance is an exact copy of the GMC-500 hardware human interface. You can download it for free and experience the GMC-500 Plus user interface before you purchase the real hardware. Download It Here
The GQ Geiger Counter Data Viewer software can download the time stamped radiation (history) data from the unit and save it on a computer for future references and analysis.
For professional data logging of radiation data, the GQ Geiger Counter Data Viewer(Logger) may be downloaded for free. An even more advanced version, the GQ Geiger Counter Data Logger PRO software may be purchased at low cost from GQ Electronics LLC.
The GQ data viewer software also can be used as realtime data monitor. user is able to save the realtime data into Excel .csv text format, HTML file format etc.
GQ GMC-500 Plus provides open GQ RFC1201 communication protocol for easier system integration. For details please download it here.
Click here to see 'GQ Geiger Counter Selection Guide'
- Radiation Detection: Beta, Gamma and X-Ray .
- Detection Dose Range: 0 ~ 42500uSv/h
- Detection CPM Range: 0 ~ 982980 CPM
- Detectable Energy Range: 0.1~3.0 MeV
- Own Background: 0,2 Pulses/s
- Working Voltage: 3.2-4.0V
- LCD Display: Dot matrix with back light
- Working power: 0.045W - 0.2W
- Power: 3.6V/3.7V battery / USB power
The following CPM data is measured by GMC-500 Plus:
|Source || CPM reading |
|Background || 20~40 |
|Public park granite table || 50~83|
|Uranium glass bead 238U || 320|
|Uranium ore 238U || 2905|
|Standard 5uCi radioactive source || 26500|
For technical support, please visit our support forum: https://www.gqelectronicsllc.com/forum/default.asp
Try the exact copy of GMC-500 Plus Demo before you buy it:
GQ GMC-500 Geiger Counter Demo
Measuring on Antique Vintage Radioactive Red Fiestaware Dinner Plate and candy Jar
Space Radiation Detected on the airplane
- Small,portable hand-held
- Audio and visual indication for nuclear radiation detections.
- Dot matrix LCD digital display model with back light.
- USB Data port for connection with computer/PC/laptop GQ Soft Geiger Counter software
- Battery charging feature for charging internal battery.
- USB DC input port for external power input, so that continually monitoring become possible.
- Powerfull counter circuit is capable for handling high CPM counting.
- Hign sensitivity tube M4011 installed (user can remove this tube install other tube if needed)
- built-in battery charging circuit
- On-board real-time clock
- On-board electronic gyroscope
- Once mega bytes on-board flash memory for history data record
- on-board speaker.
- Accepts both rechargeable and non-rechargeable 3.6V/3.7V battery
- DC power adapter operation
- Dimension: 5'x2.85'x1'
- Text mode provide maximum data information. eg. CPM, Date, Time, Elapsed time, uSv/h, mR/h etc.
- Real-time graphic mode provide visualized real-time radiation changes, so that much easier to observe the data changes. Italso display the CPM rate at same time. In Graphic mode, the ZOOM feature let user to see from lowest to highest graph onscreen.
- Back light Control to set the back light ON,OFF and timeout. So that to save the power.
- Battery charging and battery level indicator.
- Battery type selectable in software.For rechargeable or non rechargeable
- Speaker ON/OFF control.
- Alarm setting. It sets the alarm ON/OFF, alarm type, alarm level.
- Date time set the real-time clock.
- Swivel display setting. Auto 180 degree swivel display provides a convenience reading when unit upside down.
- Three points calibration. For CPM to uSv/h and mR/h conversion
- Power saving mode let unit keep running at minimum power.
- Data saving mode selection. let unit record data every second/minute/hour. Up to 7 days history data
- History data searching
- Variable serial communication baud rate
- and more....
Package include items:
GQ GMC-500 Plus.USB cableQuick start guideDownload link for USB driver and software on Windows both 32 and 64 bitsDownload link for complete User Guide in pdf format. Download it here.
For technical support, please visit our support forum: EnterForum Here
GQ data viewer software screen shot:
A Recorded History Data Example, CPM(Count Per Minute) Reading on airplane
See here for original posting.
Count Per Second Reading
See here for original posting.
Realtime data saved in Excel .CSV text format
Realtime data saved in HTML format