UDP datastream on lan + wlan
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bidouilleur

France
8 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2022 :  07:31:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't know the hardware and don't know if it can support this.

I have been playing with my 500+ and all the software I could find and find it rather complicated (not software base) to get data offloaded even with the excellent geigerlog. I would need once more to setup a little dedicated device with wifi on my wlan etc etc.
I have several devices that send on wlan their data to an external server just like we send to the map here, and next to that just via UDP and a fixed port. Once on my internal network any device using a listener to that port can grab the data (in my case I just start a VM or docker on my proxmox for ex that can grab the data via lan since it is there on the Udp stream) Pretty simple and straightforward and since each device starts its data stream (json) with its unique identifier you can even easily know what you get from what device and tunnel it in its database.

Would this be something that a software evolution of the GQ devices could implement ? Would make it way more open to grab data and do something with it without complicated stuff. Ex have a listener and tunnel it in Grafana ....
Reply #1

EmfDev

2143 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2022 :  15:46:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi bidouilleur, thank you for your suggestion, I will forward it to support to check.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

ullix

Germany
1107 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2022 :  23:48:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some is possible, though not quite easy to do due to issues in the GMC-500 series firmware.

See chapter "WiFiClient Devices" in the GeigerLog manual.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.06 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000