Dynamic Fast Estimate Time Automatic Mode
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Geo-Johnny

Austria
161 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2019 :  09:07:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Support Team, is there any news for the Dynamic fast estimate time automatic mode on the GMC500+/600+ models? I was able to test the feature with a beta firmware on my GMC500+ and I was thrilled. Unfortunately, the beta version had other problems and that's why I use the old final firmware Re2.18 again.

Geiger Counters: GMC320+V5 & GMC500+
Geiger Tubes: M4011; SI-3BG; SBT-9; LND712; SBM-20
Reply #1

EmfDev

2143 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2019 :  13:09:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Johnny, the update with dynamic fast estimate will be released. But the data viewer will be updated later to match the WiFi config and with also configuration profile menu. I didn't get disconnection issues with the latest firmware though.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

Geo-Johnny

Austria
161 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2019 :  13:54:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Top New's, thank you.

Go to Top of Page
Reply #3

Geo-Johnny

Austria
161 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2019 :  01:43:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Now I'm fortunate to have the new Finale Firmware Revision 2.20 on the GMC500+. This is really a great change and I am very satisfied. Besides the dynamic fast estimate time mode, other features were added. I do not want to write much about it yet because the associated PC software is still in the works. But in short, the innovations ...

1) Dynamic fast estimate time mode (default)
2) WiFi SSID/pass up to 64 bytes
3) HV Calibration menu
4) Screenshots function & menu
5) Food & Samples testing mode
6) Accuracy display

Now we are patiently waiting for the new Data Viewer version with a store and restore feature for custom profiles. Super GQ Electronics!

Edited by - Geo-Johnny on 11/16/2019 01:44:23
Go to Top of Page
Reply #4

Stargazer 40

USA
382 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2019 :  16:27:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Food and Sample Tester is a process on a new display screen type with a number of steps. This means instead of a menu selection you would go through the Large Font, Graph, Text, Timed Count Text (if still available), and then get to the Food/Sample Test display. It is set up to compare two samples of food or other material, or you can do a background measure first and then measure the second sample for comparison or the only sample against background. You'll set the time, place next to Food/Sample (or if comparing a sample with background just set the meter where it isn't affected by the sample) and start process and then you are moved to the next screen for the time measure. Then you can adjust the time window or leave it the same, place meter next to the second sample or first if comparing to background, and start the process. When second measure is complete you get a nice comparison analysis. When I get this loaded I'll go through screen displays (unless Geo-Johnny gets there first).

Stargazer 40

Edited by - Stargazer 40 on 11/16/2019 16:29:09
Go to Top of Page
Reply #5

Geo-Johnny

Austria
161 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2019 :  00:00:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Stargazer 40

(unless Geo-Johnny gets there first).

Ha, ha, I think it's good that Stargazer_40 writes here and gives help on the new features. I'm not so fast at testing and I did not want to write too much in advance because the Data Viewer PC software is not ready yet. Anyway, the new features are a big step and the collaboration between GQ Electronics and users is perfect.

A request to the development team, I would have ... The time for switching off the backlight is max. 30 sec. too short! The backlight should be at least 10 sec. shine longer than the measurement result has reached the lowest accuracy value with +/- 5%. So even a dynamic backlighting of the display would be great. Or you add two, three time steps to it. For example, 60sec., 180sec., 300sec.

Edited by - Geo-Johnny on 11/17/2019 05:01:59
Go to Top of Page
Reply #6

EmfDev

2143 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2019 :  11:39:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you guys!! We'll see if we can add more options to the backlight. Maybe if you have suggestions on the results of the food testing? What else could we put there? or want to remove from that table?

Also during collecting data. If you press S3, or Up button, you can stop collecting data to proceed to the next stop but it will still keep the data collected until that time just not to the max minute/hours that you set it to.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #7

Geo-Johnny

Austria
161 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2019 :  11:54:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
With the Food and Samples Menu I need more time to test it properly. Maybe Stargazer_40 has already done several tests and can provide suggestions? I am not ready yet. The care of my old mother takes a lot of time.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.09 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000