2.GQ Geiger Muller Counter
 Is this forum dead?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bobw

2 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2017 :  10:56:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is this forum dead or on larger scale, are these geiger counters just a bad choice now?

Why would I say such a thing?

Well, I bought mine - 320+ v5 - a few weeks ago, and ran into an issue I posted about relating to Wifi / map upload config. No response from anyone here, or from the "ZLM" person that I guess is from GQ.

The forum's had more posts from spammers than real users - whatever their issue may be - with no spammer nuking happening.

With the one I got, there's other weirdness. Set the Wifi creds on the unit by hand, and put them from the app, and they show up as garbage, but you can see them in the text config that the app pulls. It won't connect to wifi, though. Set them from the app, and it connects - for a while - but look on the display at the Wifi config, and see garbage.

The unit resets on it's own periodically - like power off, power on. Battery,,, Battery % shows high 80's and suddenly jumps to single digits. Start charging, and it then goes to 100% after not very long.

Calling the phone number listed on their web page gets ringing forever - no answer by human or machine. Emailing support@.... gets silence.

I'll be sending it back to Amazon shortly, but wanted to get this out since I'm sure that it's not just me.
Reply #1

ZLM

1261 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2017 :  21:07:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think your device may have some problems if it reboot itself periodically.

All email to support@gqelectronicsllc.com will be replied. Please check your email if sent correctly.

If your device only for a few weeks, then it should under warranty and you should contact support@gqelectronicsllc.com for the warranty.

Also, you can call the GQ in business hours from Mon-Fri 10:00am-4:00pm in Pacific Time Zone.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.07 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000