GMC 300E plus geiger mueller counter
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

searcher

Canada
1 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2017 :  20:46:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I logged into this site because i can't make the device work and the manual that i downloaded was no help. What is the first step after charging the battery? Pressing the different buttons? That resulted in chaos. Should the device be connected to the computer when you do this? iF So, why doesn't the manual say so? If a new driver is what I need, fine. If i should download the software first, the manual should say so.
If this device and others like it are meant for initiates only, the company will lose a lot of money. Or is our model a defective one that wasn't inspected?
Reply #1

the_mike

Switzerland
52 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2017 :  02:41:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey searcher,

to start the device, you have to press the "S4"-Key (named in the Manual like that), the one with the "return-icon" on it, for 3 seconds until you see "GMC-300", then device will start (turning off: same procedure)..

If this doesn't work either, plug it in - you should see the screen turning on to "charging", if it does so - 3sec on the S4.

If this also fails, I'd recommend writing an e-mail to support@gqelectronicsllc.com - then the support has to take over (maybe they know a trick or something)...

Good luck!!
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

Zoid

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2017 :  03:51:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, I found my + battery contact was not making agood connection due to there being a very small neodymium disc magnet stuck to the side of the battery. I assumed this should go on the positive contact of the battery to make a better connection so I placed it on the + contact of the battery, reinserted the battery and had no problem since.

Hope this helps.

Zoid
Go to Top of Page
Reply #3

Distelzombie

Germany
202 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2017 :  01:43:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sometimes I have to press it a bit longer for it to stay on. It is understandable why they did that, but the implementation is a bit misleading.

GMC-300E+ V4.20 with sbt-11a alpha tube

My statements are "stuff-a-hobbyist-says" and not in any way professional.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.06 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000