GMC 320 plus V5 or GMC 500 plus
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Particle

1 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2017 :  04:58:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello.

I am starting this topic GMC 320 plus V5 or GMC 500 plus, as I am searching for some indepth information about these two models.

As far as my information goes the GMC 320 plus V5 can be modded / upgraded with other tubes.
Is this also the case for the GMC 500 plus? Can anyone post pictures of the insides of the GMC 500 plus? And has anyone modded a GMC 500 / plus ?

As you can guess I haven't made up my mind which one to purchase.
Any help and info is welcome!

Hi

Edited by - Particle on 05/21/2017 11:08:14
Reply #1

duckman2000

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2017 :  13:17:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Same here. The upside: I have a GMC-320 Plus V5 wifi version and am happy with it so far. Detailed information on the dual tube GMC-500 plus is not anywhere I can find it. I, along with some friends, are interested in dual tube models also.

The downside: I emailed GQ Electronics at their sales Contact email twice (first email over 3 weeks ago) with questions and never heard back. No reply to either email. Disappointing, especially since it was pre-sales questions. By contrast, QuartaRad (Radex) responded with 15 minutes by email about questions on their dual tube model.

If anyone has a contact at GQ Electronics, please let them know that their non-responses to emails may be costing them sales...

Edited by - duckman2000 on 05/22/2017 13:18:47
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

ZLM

1261 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2017 :  12:42:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Check your email address if there is a typo. The correct email address is support@gqelectronicllc.com I do not think the GQ will ignore your email.It must be something went wrong.

The GMC-500 Plus installed two tubes. The second tube mainly for extending the dose range. So, the GMC-500 Plus has much higher dose range than others. That means the GMC-500 Plus basically consist of two Geiger Counters, one is for regular range and another for high dose range.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #3

Distelzombie

Germany
202 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2017 :  16:20:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They tend not to respond. I can confirm this. For example: I texted them with a question about firmware updates and a bunch of bugs I found in the data logger software 21.02.2017
No response what so ever. I didnt bother to send another one. I was about to do things myself.

ZLM I, and others, have the impression that you are working for GQ. Could you please set this straight and if true, connect with the email guy at your offices and hit him with a bat or something?

GMC-300E+ V4.20 with sbt-11a alpha tube

My statements are "stuff-a-hobbyist-says" and not in any way professional.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #4

ZLM

1261 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2017 :  11:46:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will check this out why. For sure I will hit him with a bat.:)
Go to Top of Page
Reply #5

the_mike

Switzerland
53 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2017 :  11:27:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@ZLM

can you give us some details on the 2nd tube of the GMC-500 plus?
Opening my 500, I've seen the holding-brackets for the 2nd tube are made for a smaller tube..?
Go to Top of Page
Reply #6

ChrisLX200

United Kingdom
35 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2017 :  08:48:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ZLM

Check your email address if there is a typo. The correct email address is support@gqelectronicllc.com I do not think the GQ will ignore your email.It must be something went wrong.

The GMC-500 Plus installed two tubes. The second tube mainly for extending the dose range. So, the GMC-500 Plus has much higher dose range than others. That means the GMC-500 Plus basically consist of two Geiger Counters, one is for regular range and another for high dose range.

You sure that email address is right? I thought it was
support@gqelectronicsllc.com (note the extra 's') I'm asking because I had reason to email them today but have not received a reply..

GMC-300E-plus
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.06 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000