GMC-320+ manual issues
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

B-Aaron

1 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2016 :  17:41:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there!

Just got the GMC-320+ and went through the manual. There are some issues I can't handle with. I dont need a super accurate device, it's more for curiosity while geocaching/urban exploring.

A) The power-saving method is nice. The motion-detection too.
The manual says, if the motion-detection is ON, it wont wake up the device.

A1) It would be nice to have the device at the belt during roaming around and get it out of power-save by alarm/push a button/double tab for a check (I think, thats the idea).

A2) Unfortunately the device wake up by every little movement. And there is no 'ON' in motion detection; just 'OFF', 'On Backlight' and 'On Backlight & DisplayMode'. Whats the difference? Can't get it out...

A3) Is there a way to wake the device up from power-save mode by pressing a button, without changing the display (just wake-up; not use the button as a function button)?

B) The temperature display. Is there any way to gauge that thing? There are never ever 28░C in my office. Two other sources show 15.0░; GMC means 27.8░.

C) How is the gyroscope to use? Is that in a way of factor times a hexadecimal value!? Just see for x, y and z a value like '0xFFE3'.
Even when i put it steady on the table it seams to wobbling constantly around...

That's it in the first place.
Beside that issues, it's a nice device... will test it by time. Seems to respond on the schist tiles in the floor by +0.08 ÁSv/h... funny.

Greetings
Reply #1

ZLM

1024 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2016 :  19:16:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for your feedback.

For your questions:

A: there is a new version user guide should correct that tyo.
see:

http://www.gqelectronicsllc.com/downloads/download.asp?DownloadID=79

A1: The belt will be a good idea. The unit currently can wake up from sleep if yoy press one key.

A2: This feature is used to change the backlight or display mode by the motion event. Example tap the device. Also, this feature can be turned off by select OFF.

A3: The current firmware should already work this way.

B: You may need to way for longer time for the environment temperature.

C: Currently the gyroscope data only to show how the unit position in Hex value.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.05 sec. Snitz Forums 2000