Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 GQ Electronics Forums
 2.GQ Geiger Muller Counter
 Windows does not like the GMC-300 driver.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Crusty

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2014 :  15:50:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey all. A year or two ago, I got a GMC-300. It's done me much good, as I've had fun testing for radon daughters (made an air filter for them) and finding that under one part of a huge rock at my house, I can get about 1.30uSv/h. All was well until I tried hooking it up to my Windows 8.1 computer. I installed the driver software and data viewer, only to find that Windows had overwritten the driver with it's generic USB driver. Normally, I would find a way around this, but I have no idea where the driver files (not the initial .exe) were, so a manual install was out of the choice range. After many restarts and re-installs, it still did not work. It gave (in Device manager) the "Code 10" error, indicating that Windows was getting an error, but it didn't know what it was. This was probably because of the fact that it overwrote the driver. The data viewer gives a COM port open error when I try to connect. So, maybe some of you have had this problem, but if not, does anyone know where the driver installs to, and what the name of the file(s) are? Thanks so much in advance, I'd really like to get this working.
Reply #1

Crusty

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2014 :  16:23:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And, of course, I found out how to solve it about 10 minutes after posting this. Whoops.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.06 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000