Capturing Data for use on APRS
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kc9ytt

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2014 :  20:25:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am a HAM radio operator, and what I am wanting to do is take the real time data from the GMC-320 and pass that along to the Automatic Packet Relay System (APRS)

I am attempting to use Putty, or other terminal software to read the raw serial data coming from the GMC-320 but not having any success.

I know the data is coming into the computer as the supplied GUI software is working, however I an not finding the correct settings to display the raw data to putty, as I need that to be able to send that data through a radio and out to the APRS network.

I have tried the various port speed settings, but still no results. If I unplug the USB cable from the computer while the Putty session is open, an error comes up saying that the port # has been disconnected.

Any help / advise would be appreciated.

Robert, KC9YTT

KC9YTT

Edited by - kc9ytt on 07/22/2014 20:27:25
Reply #1

ZLM

1261 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2014 :  20:15:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
since you have Data Viewer working, then you can just use the comport setting from the terminal window of software.

The first thing you may want to try to get response from the GMC-320, such as send the command: GETVER

If you can get correct response from this command, then other advanced commands should work too.

Always check the Data Viewer software Terminal Window. It is a very giid tool to find out the problm of your settings.

Keep in maind the raw data from the GMC-320 is binary format. It is not able to display as ASCII text. You need to find a way to display it if you want.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.05 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000