New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ghenghis

United Kingdom
10 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2014 :  03:08:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
Thanks to GQ support for your previous advice on the problem with my data logger software version 5.37. It is disappointing that the software is not 100% functional but I gather that a fix will be hard to get.

I thought it might be helpful if I provided a little more information on the problem and my set up using the forum - as I understand that other users have raised similar issues.

Problem: The data logger software window features two panels. I think the Upper panel should show a graph (I say “think” because I have never seen it show any data) but it never does: I just get a short red horizontal bar at the top left and another at the same height towards the right hand side. Legend underneath the panel says: “Average” and there is also a legend: “Static” in the panel to lower right. The radio buttons to the right hand side of the top panel can be clicked and change state accordingly but nothing happens to the panel; it never appears to update.

Lower panel/lower radio buttons seem to work fine and I can show Total/Peak geiger counts in real time, scaled as selected by the side combo box. The displays in mS/hr and mR/hr seem to work as intended but I have not yet seen these get very high (perhaps just as well!!) The auto file saving functions also seem to work as intended.

My set up:
GMC-320 Plus geiger counter
GQ Data Logger software version 5.37
I also have the free GQ data viewer program version 2.08 which runs OK

AV: Panda Global protection 2014 with latest Panda patches.
USB port standard: version 1
USB driver: Prolific 3.4.25.218 dated 07/10/2011
COM port: COM5 set to 115,200bps

I have now unregistered the data logger software and switched off the AV software, then reinstalled/reregistered the data logger software but it made no difference.

Also I tried to operate the software after starting up Windows in safe mode (at the suggestion of GQ support) but it just complained that COM 5 port was open and would not connect to the geiger counter at all. The data viewer software would not work either.

Any positive suggestions would be welcomed

regards

ghenghis
Reply #1

ghenghis

United Kingdom
10 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2014 :  05:36:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
PS to my last post: the vertical axis labelling is absent from the lower panel in my version (5.37) of the data logger software - so it is definitely not working as designed. The illustrated help file shows that vertical labels were present in version 4.13. Also the top panel should show various values computed from the lower panel data. Apologies for not having spotted this earlier but as I wrote, my top panel shows nothing of any use.

Ghenghis
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

ZLM

1261 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2014 :  17:01:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do you have any other computer to install the software and see if it works? It is frustration since we are unable to get this problem at all. All works fine here. In order to fix, we need a way to reproduce it.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #3

ghenghis

United Kingdom
10 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2014 :  04:38:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have an HP (Compaq) laptop running windows XP (up to date) with Panda AV. Using COM5 port set to 115200. The data logger pro software v5.37 definitely works better on that! The main differences I have noticed are:

On starting the data logger software on the laptop, there is a short interval where the window also appears to show the coloured spectrum display barchart as well as both the other displays - then that part blanks out. A quirk - not a problem for me as I understand the spectrum display is only useful for persons using audio Geiger outputs.

On selecting Settings - Other, I notice that the audio input section seems to be live - it was all greyed out on my windows 7 machine.

The upper window works! I now get totals/scriptverages/CPM etc as set by the RH side radio buttons

The counter window seems to work as before. The counter output window y axis is still not labelled but it was in version 4.13, according to the illustrated help file.

I guess I shall be using the laptop for a while now. let me know if I can help further

Go to Top of Page
Reply #4

ZLM

1261 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2014 :  07:46:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the update.

The Y axis label was remove since V5.20 I think. That because the Y axis label is confusing on the value. It is not related to any actual value.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.08 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000