2.GQ Geiger Muller Counter
 registered and port 3, but shows demo/port1
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

eagle

4 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2014 :  15:00:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a problem with my 200 model working perfectly at home but not here at my office. It always shows "unregistered Demo" when I bring it to the office and does not show real data. Says "real time monitoring started but certainly is not showing anything though".

I made sure com port is 3 by reinstalling the com 3 driver and checked the device manager to see what port....it is Com 3. I look at the logger display, and it still says "Unregistered demo" and in the little block to the bottom right says " Com 1 opened successfully" and "Real time monitoring started" what the heck!
Reply #1

eagle

4 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2014 :  15:05:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I could be mistaken, but I do not think you have to re register it at this office location, do you? As I said, it has worked the correct way at my home, but for some reason, I cannot get it to function properly here at my office. Anyone have any ideas?
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

ZLM

1261 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2014 :  22:43:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For the "Demo mode", yes, you need to re-register again if you install the software on another computer. The default software allows you to install on two computers at same time. If you want to install the software on third computer, then you need to unregister a computer not in used.

For the communication issue, make sure your driver is loaded with no problem, and make sure your comport number is correctly selected from the software.

If it works in your home, it should work in your office.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.06 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000