2.GQ Geiger Muller Counter
 issue with pro software and 320e... and is it usef
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dr_rox

6 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2014 :  19:38:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I ordered/registered the pro software today. First available com port on my docked laptop is 14. The viewer - included software w/ device - has the facility to use com ports beyond 12, which is the limit of the pro software. i cannot use it. Is there aa workaround? I cannot disable any of the other selectable ports and use them instead. I tried.

Plus, anyone out there find any REAL use for the pro software that makes it worth having when the free software works fine and supplies csv data that can be manipulated??

Thaks all!
Reply #1

ZLM

1261 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2014 :  22:49:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is been fixed on Re5.35.

If you are using Re5.35, then make sure your baud rate is correctly selected. For the GMC-300, select 57600.

For the GMC-320 use 115200. Also, make sure your GMC-320 unit set the same baud rate as you selected from the software.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

dr_rox

6 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2014 :  03:14:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am using the 320. I have version 5.36 of the PRO software, which I assume is newer? It only goes to com12 in pro software settings for port selection. That is via selecting the geiger counter model or other usb cable. Tried both. The virtual com port driver in device manager (in WinXPpro.sp4)shows 2 thru 13 in use, so it auto selected 14, next available one. I also tried raising the baud rate to see if it toggled to add more ports for some reason. It did not. Like I also said, the data viewer is able to select com14.

The 'about' tab and window frame say release 5.36 even though your download at site says otherwise. I also tried the software that came on the supplied disk and a downloaded version.

Image Insert:

40.45 KB

Edited by - dr_rox on 01/08/2014 03:21:01
Go to Top of Page
Reply #3

ZLM

1261 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2014 :  09:50:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is a bug.

Try to download Re 5.37 version from the download page. That should fix the problem.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #4

dr_rox

6 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2014 :  11:53:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK. RE 5.37 seems to have resolved that problem. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.1 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000