2.GQ Geiger Muller Counter
 GMC 320 How to?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gqemli

1 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2013 :  09:35:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
1. How do you use the GMC 320? Do you aim the tiny hole on the left side of the device to the object, or place the 320 on top of the object? For example, if I wanted to measure fish from Japan, how would I do this?

2. I am absolutely clueless on what CPM is and how to interpret it. I tried reading articles online but it only defines it, it doesn't tell me what it means. For example, it's like I looked up the word "HTML" and most places on the internet defines what it is, but none tells you what it's used for, how to use it, and its applications.
Reply #1

ZLM

1261 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2013 :  20:39:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
1. The small hole is speaker hole. The geiger tube is installed at the side of keys. So, keep close that side to your target object.

2. The CPM is Count Per Minutes, it is a basic way to value the level of the radiation detected. Higher CPM, higher radiation level detected. The CPM is a relateve value, different tube may have different CPM.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

tcmoosey

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2014 :  18:46:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I need a bit more detail to answer one 1. You wrote 'The geiger tube is installed at the side of keys'. Well when looking at the GMC-300E the keys (s1-s4) is in the lower left hand corner. So is the tube located at the bottom or on the side with the speaker hole. Also, get product and a great forum I am learning a lot, Thank you for your time, Thomas
Go to Top of Page
Reply #3

ZLM

1261 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2014 :  23:03:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes. You are right.
The best way to check the exact tube location is open the cover.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.06 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000