A few questions about the GMC-080
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PrincessLuna

Australia
10 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2012 :  03:08:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there, I have a few questions about the GMC-080, I have read over the forums so I hope these are not noob questions.

The unit connects to the PC software, does it provide a log or does it only interface in real time?

What kind of calibration must I do? I have 0.9 microcuries of am-241 from a smoke detector and a handful of thoriated welding rods, however I would prefer to be able to measure/record in sieverts as well as cpm. Is there a way I can do that without having to pay a lab to do it?

When the tube wears out, can I just swap it for the same type without recalibration?

Does anyone know of compatible android software to interface with the detectors?

In real time situations, how long do the batteries usually last and is there anything I can do to increase it? (This unit is replacing a worn out terra-p from ecotest, which lasts around 6 months on 2xAAA batteries)

Thanks,
PrincessLuna
Reply #1

ZLM

1261 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2012 :  11:57:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The software has data log feature.

For the M4011 tube, you may use 240CPM to 0.9uSv/h as a reference data.

If you do not need a high accuracy, then changing a same type tube does not need re-calibration.

The working hours is depending on the battery capacity. You can change to a hi-capacity battery for longer working hour.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.1 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000