New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Funkificator

Sweden
3 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2012 :  10:29:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi guys!

I am (hopefully) very soon an owner to the GMC-200 geiger counter.
As I understood it, the data cable submits pulses which can be registered by a multitude of softwares, but I have not found such a software for an android device?

Also, I wonder if other 3.5 mm to USB cables can be used, or if it has to be purchased from this company?

Best regards,

Reply #1

ZLM

1261 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2012 :  17:37:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you order the GMC-200, then the package included a 3.5mm to USB data cable.

I did not see any other 3.5mm to USB cable in the market.

The TOOL-081 2.5mm to USB cable is designed and tested for GMC-200. So, I recommend you to use TOOL-081. Others may not work.

If any android software accept autio input, then I think this will work with it too with a audio cable.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

benbojangles

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2012 :  07:27:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi there, I have the gmc-080. A great little device :)

I also have been wondering about an android app but have not been able to find any. On the google play app store, there are only 'pretend' toy apps. However, I have been thinking that maybe we could use an osciloscope app like one of these: https://play.google.com/store/search?q=oscilloscope

Maybe it could be modified with a simple screen added that formulates counts per minute? Shouldn't be so hard for someone with app skills? Maybe if enough people are willing to take part we could develop it ourselves?

Here's to positive action :)

hi
Go to Top of Page
Reply #3

meboyd

1 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2014 :  19:02:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was wondering if I could use my Android phone to record my GMC200 Geiger Counter's audio output using just the TOOL-081 audio cable to plug the audio input/output of the Android phone in to the Geiger Counter. I can record the audio just fine but when I then plug the output audio cable in to my laptop with the GMC200 Software installed and play back the audio from the Android phone into the the TOOL-081 using the USB on my laptop I get no readings in the software. If I take the audio cable and plug it in to the Geiger Counter audio input it works fine. Is there some additional circuit components I am missing?

Also do you have a Java version of the Software or Android drivers for the use USB drivers for TOOL-081 on an Android phone??
Go to Top of Page
Reply #4

ZLM

1261 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2014 :  00:01:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You can use direct audio cable to connect OR you need a USB driver of TOOL-081.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.06 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000