Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 GQ Electronics Forums
 2.GQ Geiger Muller Counter
 GMC-320 stopped counting

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ozark1 Posted - 06/21/2022 : 17:48:06
My 4-month-old 320+v4 worked well the first couple of months. The last couple of months, when I start my day, I have found the counts at 0 and not incrementing. I would get it to start counting again by pressing any key or power on/off, but no longer. I have tried hard reboot (remove battery for 10 seconds) to no avail. Now after power on the CPM stays at 0 and never increments. Any ideas? Thanks!
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ullix Posted - 06/23/2022 : 22:18:48
suggestion: take the tube out and measure voltage across the tube holder points.
If you then get voltage ( somewhere between 110 and 150V) the tube is defect. Otherwise something in the remainder of the counter.
EmfDev Posted - 06/23/2022 : 09:07:54
Hi Ozark1, it may need service. Please support@gqelectronicsllc.com for warranty.
Ozark1 Posted - 06/22/2022 : 18:34:52
Hello EmfDev, Using Fluke 117 set to DC Volts. Touching either DVM probe to either side of the tube will sometimes cause a count. Voltage drop across the tube is ~1 volt but drops to zero within a few seconds. This behavior is often reproducible by waiting a minute or two between retries. Thanks.
EmfDev Posted - 06/22/2022 : 12:41:49
Hi Ozark1, it seems there may be issues with the tube or the board. Can you test by opening the device, if you have a multimeter, check the voltage between the tube terminals, if you do not have a multimeter touching the tube terminals with your fingers if that produce a count? Thanks.

GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.06 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000