Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 GQ Electronics Forums
 3. GQ EMF EF Meter RF Spectrum Power Analyzer
 RF Density Gain Wrong Default Value?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
memp Posted - 09/23/2019 : 12:16:33
Just purchased EMF 390.

When I first open my device it shows 95 - 110 mW/m2 when the RF sensitivity is set to sensitive and 0.017 - 0.370 mW/m2 when the RF sensitivity is set to Standard. The value of RF Density Gain was 255 and by default the value of RF sensitivity is set to sensitive.

After a Factory Restart it shows 3.290 - 3.997 mw/m2 when the RF sensitivity is set to sensitive and 0.001 - 0.006 mW/m2 when the RF sensitivity is set to Standard. The value of RF Density Gain changed to 10. If I changed manually the RF Density Gain to 255 I get the higher values again.

I know that I am 150 meters away from a Cell Tower.

So what value I should keep for RF Density Gain?
255 as it was when I receive the unit or 10 after factory reset? Any other value?

Thank you.
18   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Jo Posted - 12/06/2022 : 09:26:38
Hello,
Many thanks for the S1+S2 tip to activate RF sensitivity; it works!
I will test and compare with my other meter. I won’t change the density gain.
Have a good day,
Jo
EmfDev Posted - 12/05/2022 : 15:34:22
Hi Jo, the RF sensitivity has been removed in the latest version but you can try to press the S1 + S2 button in RF Settings to see if it can be activated or the menu to toggle should appear.

For the density gain, the default 10 should not be changed unless you want to adjust the RF readings.
Jo Posted - 12/05/2022 : 12:52:07
Hello,

Is it normal that I cannot see the « RF sensitivity » option in my EMF-390 RF settings? I bought the meter in 2022. I would like to compare it with a more sensitive meter (Safe and Sound II) but if the EMF-390 is only in standard sensitivity, I don’t see how I can compare both? Or should I increase the density gain (default 10)?

Thanks,

Jo
EmfDev Posted - 11/06/2019 : 13:24:27
Hi DanDan. In your version, the default is 6. That is normal.
DanDaN Posted - 11/06/2019 : 12:06:50
"Hi memp, the default RF gain is 10 and in standard. Is was probably a mistake that the device was not factory resetted when shipped. You should use 10."

Hi
that is strange because when the device ( emf-390 ) arrived the gain value was set to 6
I changed it to 10 to make some tests and then I used the reset function to take back all the settings to factory values and the gain came back to 6
what do you think? it's normal?
memp Posted - 09/25/2019 : 14:37:07
Thank you both guys.

And yes, i agree paul, its a great meter.
EmfDev Posted - 09/25/2019 : 13:51:23
Hi paul thanks for your comment.
paul Posted - 09/25/2019 : 13:15:38
Yes,it is confusing isn't it.

Sensitive mode only seems to effect 'All in one' and 'Vertical' mode.
And is perhaps turning off a High Pass filter which screens out sub
1 Meg. signals in Standard mode.
Mostly those readings in Sensitive mode seem too high compared to my
other detectors.But do give an idea of broad spectrum background levels.
Also,both 'All in one' and 'Vertical' are slow to respond,and tend to miss fast intermittent signals.

RF Browser seems to catch fast signals,especially on 1 second sampling.I tend to use it most.Especially for shielding the house.

RF Browser also tends to agree with my other meters,but not for low background levels.Usually missing low TV and Radio signals that are 'always' present.Table Mode or Vertical on Sensitive seems best for
that,but reads higher than other meters.

Each mode has its uses,and one must learn to use these tools on
different sources at different power densities.

There is no 'one size fits all'

The EMF390 is a great meter that has very clever software.
We are lucky nowadays to have these gadgets at such low prices.

EmfDev Posted - 09/25/2019 : 13:08:47
We still recommend you use standard.
memp Posted - 09/25/2019 : 09:07:54
My preference?
I dont understand.
I dont know what peak value i have to use to have my family safe.
I must strugle to lower the RF values in my home below the peak values in standard mode or in values in sensitive mode?
The differece on those values are huge.
I dont have any preference.
I just want to know what is the properly safe method.
EmfDev Posted - 09/25/2019 : 08:57:44
Yes it is up to your preference.
memp Posted - 09/25/2019 : 08:06:49
OK. Thank you.

The site of Physicians for Safe Technology "https://mdsafetech.org/conversion-and-exposure-limits-emr-emf/" mention that “The peak power and pulsation, rather than the averaged power, are the important aspects of cellular injury”.
So, I must use the sensitivity mode for that purpose or the standard mode and look for peak values in "All in One" Or "Vertical RF" or "RF Browser" displays? There is big difference between peak values in standard mode and the values of sensitive mode.
EmfDev Posted - 09/24/2019 : 14:38:31
Yes that might be the strength detected by the EMF meter 150 meters away. We recommend using standard.

This answer is from the FAQ thread:

"The Standard mode on this meter is referring to average reading. Which is the reading been calibrated to a RSM reading standard. The Sensitive mode mostly reports RF pulse peak value. Most signals today are digital. Digital signals are RF pulse signal (composed of a series of short bursts pulses). The amplitude of pulses can differ by many times, sometimes more than 100 times."

If you go close to the tower in standard mode like 50 or so feet. Do you see the RF reading increase? If yes then the unit is not defective.
memp Posted - 09/24/2019 : 13:05:05
OK.
But the value of 0.17mw/m2 in standard mode for a cell tower 150 metter away isn't wrong?
What Sensitivity do you recomend? Standard or Sensitive? What is the real difference from those readings?

Maybe i have a defective device?
EmfDev Posted - 09/24/2019 : 11:46:18
The 10 gain is more accurate since the unit is calibrated with 10 gain.
memp Posted - 09/24/2019 : 10:47:47
Hi EmfDev. Thank you for the response.

If i set Gain to 10 and sensitivity to normal i have strange readings.

I measure the power of my near cell tower at distance of 150 meters at the same height of the tower. I give you the values with gain 10 and 255. Which on is correct?

Gain - Sensitivity - Value
10 - Standard - 0.17mW/m2
10 - Sensitive - 8.0mW/m2
255 - Standard - 1.5mW/m2
255 - Sensitive - 150mW/m2

Last official measured value for that cell power was 7.161mW/m2 in a distance of 60 meters.
EmfDev Posted - 09/24/2019 : 08:52:04
Hi memp, the default RF gain is 10 and in standard. Is was probably a mistake that the device was not factory resetted when shipped. You should use 10.
memp Posted - 09/24/2019 : 05:32:44
No one?

Is this the right place to get an official answer?

What is the value of RF Density Gain in your EMF-390 guys?

GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.06 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000