Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 GQ Electronics Forums
 3. GQ EMF EF Meter RF Spectrum Power Analyzer
 FQA

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ZLM Posted - 05/14/2019 : 13:30:13
1.Is GQ Meter designed for general purpose or professional measurement?
For general purpose.

2.Is your meter designed for beginner users or experienced users?
For both. Basic features for beginners. Advanced features for experienced users to explore.

3.How to shorten the learning curve for beginners?
Step by step. Determine what you want to measure, choose the correct testing modes, and refer to the quick guide.

4.What makes GQ Electronics LLC unique?
Affordable, cost effective with affluent features. RF browser feature is exclusive in the market.

5.Why my reading is different from other meter in the market?
EMF meters come in all shapes and sizes, testing various frequencies. Some meters can only test specific frequency while others can measure wide range. If you use the “All-In-One” meter, it gives you an overview of the EMFs in your environment.

6.Why there is no reading on my smart meter?
Smart meter emits RF periodically, it transmits data in every fixed time interval.

7.Why is my reading changing?
In the real world, generally, there will always be a wide mixture of signals from multiple sources around you. Those signals may have different frequencies, orientations, or digital characteristics. Moreover, they are changing from time to time, space to space. These differing aspects will impact the readout.

8.What should I do if I think that the reading is not correct?
Please test a couple of times to get the reading and take the average of those readings.

9.What should I do if my meter is defective?
Please email or call GQ Electronics LLC, the staff will arrange the return regardless which sales channel you purchased.

10.What is the difference between a single axis and a triple axis gauss meter?
Magnetic fields are oriented in space, a sensor will only detect the field properly if it is aligned with the field. A single axis meter has only one sensor in it, which makes it easier to get an incorrect reading than actual reading. This type of meter is cheap due to only measure partial radiation. A three-axis meter has 3 sensors in it, all aligned at right angles to each other. This type of meter is always correctly aligned. It takes less time but generally costs more than the single axis counterpart.

11.Why the reading changes when I put my hand on the meter?
Human body has electrostatic discharge (ESD, the sudden flow of electricity between 2 electrically charged objects caused by contact, an electrical short, or dielectric breakdown). This impacts EF reading.

12.Why the readings on two different meters are not the same?
There are several reasons why two different models of RF meter will give a different reading. These signals will have different frequencies, different orientations, and different digital characteristics. Namely: frequency range, frequency response, time & place, orientation of the signal, sensitivity, peak and average signal, all contribute to the measurement reading.

2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ZLM Posted - 05/14/2019 : 13:41:05

Q: Why my computer/laptop has high EMF reading if I put my GQ EMF meter on it?

A: The computer has multiple mixed high frequency EMF radiation. The EMF-390 can detect most of those high frequency EMF radiation.

The computer EMF reading comes from a mixed signal. It is normal to get a high reading if you put the meter on the source with zero distance. If you move the meter away from the source for a few inches, then you will see the reading dramatically drop. So, it is a good idea to keep a distance from the source if you want to avoid higher EMF radiation.

The GQ EMF meter has wider frequency detectable range, from 1-400Khz. It can detect high frequency EMF than other brand. Some other brand EMF meters have very limited detectable frequency range, eg. 20-200Hz. Those meters are reading very low on computers. Those meters only good for power line EMF detection.
ZLM Posted - 05/14/2019 : 13:38:13
Q: Why my meters battery level dropped suddenly and takes long time to charge to 100%?

A: The battery installed is Li-ion type, it has large capacity 2600mA. For safety reason, the charge current limited to 150mA. Assume your charger can provide 150mA charging current, then it needs about (2600/150)=17.3Hrs to fully charge this battery. If your charger only can provide 100mA or lower current, then the charging time can take 26hrs or longer.

The battery voltage sudden drop is the nature of the Li-ion battery discharging. Similar to the discharging, the charging voltage also has a sudden increase curve.

Li-ion battery discharge curve

61329 bytes

GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.08 sec. Snitz Forums 2000