Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 GQ Electronics Forums
 2.GQ Geiger Muller Counter
 GMC-320+ battery included?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Pheckphul Posted - 03/30/2014 : 16:53:44
The GMC-320 plus' page does not list a battery as part of the contents. Is this an error, or does it indeed NOT come with a battery?

What type of 14500 battery does the unit use? As it is removable I'd expect it to use a button-top with a protection IC. Is this the case, or does the battery holder only accommodate flat-top 14500s?
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ZLM Posted - 10/24/2015 : 08:56:15
It stops working if you take out the battery.
Nisei Posted - 10/23/2015 : 14:29:35
Ah thanks. I didn't know these existed.
Which raises another question: can you change the battery quickly with the unit continuing to measure/log data (by using a capacitor), or does it stop as soon as you take out the battery?
ZLM Posted - 10/19/2015 : 13:21:43
Yes.
Examples:
1. Tekcell SB-AA11 3.6V
2. XENO ER14505 3.6V AA

They are last much longer than the chargeable battery . I have tested with Tekcell SB-AA11 on GMC-320. It continually ran for more than a week.

Nisei Posted - 10/19/2015 : 02:04:00
quote:
Originally posted by ZLMWhen a non-rechargeable battery installed, you should select the "Non-Rechargeable" battery type from the unit menu.

Do non-rechargeable 3.7V AA/14500 size batteries even exist?
Pheckphul Posted - 04/01/2014 : 21:21:26
I got my GMC-320Plus on Monday. I see you used a Tenergy battery. I've been using their batteries for a couple of years and have been happy with their bang-for-the-buck. Not as good as Sanyo, but much cheaper. I also conveniently live about 25 miles from them, so that's a bonus. Unfortunately, judging from their retail site www.all-battery.com, they don't make a button-top 14500. I'll give a call and verify.
ZLM Posted - 04/01/2014 : 12:08:18
The GMC-320 Plus installed a rechargeable battery. The battery is 14500 3.6V. The battery is removable, you can install other 3.6-3.7V battery. The battery holder accept with button-top 14500 battery. The protection IC is build-in with the GMC-320. When a non-rechargeable battery installed, you should select the "Non-Rechargeable" battery type from the unit menu.
sim_v Posted - 03/31/2014 : 00:42:31
Yes, a removable rechargeable battery is included.
And yes, it's not clear in the full description.

GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.05 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000