Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 GQ Electronics Forums
 3. GQ EMF EF Meter RF Spectrum Power Analyzer
 Spectrum data logging with a firmware update ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ryan

3 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2022 :  03:59:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is it possible to add spectrum data logging feature in the internal memory of EMF-390v2 with a firmware update ? On the device, I see 7 frequency bands available for spectral analysis. Can they all be logged simultaneously ? What would be the maximum frequency of logging in single/multi band logging cases ? Using RFC1701 protocol, spectrum logging with USB connection is possible but not optimal since it affects EMF readings.
Reply #1

EmfDev

2148 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2022 :  10:46:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Ryan, the feature is not supported in latest firmware, but I will pass your suggestion to our support. It may be hard to add in since the spectrum uses a lot of data.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

Ryan

3 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2022 :  06:38:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for forwarding my request to the developers. I believe we can make this great EMF RF meter even more functional if we add more features. Maybe it turns out to be not feasible in this hardware version of the device but I believe and hope that newer versions will be released in the future enhancing the capabilities of the device.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #3

EmfDev

2148 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2022 :  14:39:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Ryan, support said that due to the hardware limitation on storage and CPU speed, it cannot support the spectrum logging feature as the storage cannot store that much data every second and also it will affect the scanning speed.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #4

Xeno

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2023 :  09:22:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I second the request for frequency logging and given the data and logging speed limitations suggest that outputting just the RF frequency of the biggest spike every minute would be hugely useful. Could you add a column to the csv output with that? Is it technically possible to get a data stream showing RF frequency along with power level while plugged in and using software? Anything we can do to help, such as writing code? Thank you.

Xeno (EMF-390v2, GMC-320+)
https://newsi8.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.08 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000