GMC-600+ wont connect to WIFI hotspot on cellphone
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sonicmixmaster

USA
75 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2020 :  15:09:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have Samsung S8+ WPA-PSK hotspot turned on. This counter worked flawlessly on my home network with different SSID. There was literally 1 character difference in the SSID of my cell hotspot. Nothing else changed. IT WILL NOT CONNECT TO CELL PHONE WIFI HOTSPOT! I want to take this counter and to a different location that does not have internet and I cant even do it! Can you guys just give me my $300 back? I'm really convinced that this is a pre-release model with crapload of bugs. I am really convinced that the more I try to use this the more crap does not work on this as it should. I used your crap software to update the settings for the WIFI SSID and it will not connect! I also reset the WIFI module and retyped everything from scratch to the exact settings it had before and it it will not connect. I am tired of telling you people the problems you failed to find before releasing this for sale. EVERYTHING ELSE I HAVE CONNECTS TO HOTSPOT! Macbook pro, Lenovo Yoga, Ipad pro, Samsung S2 Tablet. There was never a device that could not connect to my cell hotspot. Refund my money! Please! I will never post here again. With the amount of times I posted here with problems you should hire me by now and pay me to tell you where you screw up with your device.
Reply #1

Damien68

France
777 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2020 :  10:12:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The hotspot functions of cellular phones are still very limited. in general it works well if we have only one client connected to it and in any case only one active connection, even with a 4G connection, the phone doesn't have the resources to efficiently route incoming packets from the network to multiple clients.
In my opinion your problem comes rather from your phone.
a phone like a S8 is not a best hotspot even if it allows to share his connection whith limitations.

Mastery is acquired by studying, with it everything becomes simple

Edited by - Damien68 on 03/27/2020 12:12:13
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

EmfDev

2131 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2020 :  11:42:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I tested it on my Galaxy S8+ and an Iphone 7 hotspot and they both worked. Please double check your userid and password.

Image Insert:

305417 bytes

Image Insert:

1848879 bytes
Go to Top of Page
Reply #3

Sonicmixmaster

USA
75 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2020 :  17:21:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Like I said, The only thing that I changed in the detector setup is the SSID. For example my home router SSID is home1 I changed the config in the detector to home which is the name on my cell hotspot SSID. NOTHING ELSE IS CHANGED!!!!!!
If You guys will not give me my money back at least send me a replacement detector because this is simple stuff!! Im not even trying to get data onto a computer with this anymore as I have given up on that previously. Oh and by the way the detector also has a problem with the LCD panel only after 2 years of use and always with the backlight off and sitting on my window ledge. This is a defective device! Right from the beginning.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #4

Sonicmixmaster

USA
75 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2020 :  17:44:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
By the way EmfDev, the client name you sow on your connected clients screenshot belongs to seversl similarly named WIFI smart plug switches on my home network. Are you sure that is the client name of the detector? here is a partial list of my WIFI clients names:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/sket5ldjkeoys18/wifi.jpg

Edited by - Sonicmixmaster on 03/27/2020 17:45:36
Go to Top of Page
Reply #5

Damien68

France
777 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2020 :  23:14:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you can check the parameters of the Mobil Hotspot on your phone (from memory and unless there is an error) one of the 802.11 b/g or n protocols must be accessible, and this on the 2.45GHz band.
So the WiFi Mobil Hotspot must not be locked on the 5GHz band, it must not be locked either on a protocol other than b / g or n.
it's also necessary that the connection security/encryption of the hotspot is suitable for example seted on WPA2 protocol, for this I do not know exactly.
ESP_767047 device name is certainly the default one preprogrammed in the embeded GMC-600 WiFi chipset, your smartPLug have certainly the same chipset, it is very widespread, and has proven itself...

Edited by - Damien68 on 03/27/2020 23:56:43
Go to Top of Page
Reply #6

Sonicmixmaster

USA
75 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2020 :  11:30:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know about 2.4 ghz for the wifi. And it is WPA2. There is absolutely nothing wrong with my settings. It will not connect to my phone hotspot when every other device will. This detector is full of bugs in the firmware! In the first year I had it, it wasn't even displaying the correct mac address! Then it was not working correctly with the software and so on. Look at all my posts. 90% of them are about problems with the detector.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #7

Damien68

France
777 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2020 :  21:57:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
to be sure, try to disconect all wifi device from your phone hotspot before connect your GMC-600, because the number of possible clients is limited

Edited by - Damien68 on 03/28/2020 22:00:20
Go to Top of Page
Reply #8

Sonicmixmaster

USA
75 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2020 :  09:28:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nothing else is connected to the hotspot.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #9

EmfDev

2131 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2020 :  08:57:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had my hotspot OFF before testing it so there was no other device connected to my hotspot. And the SSID Password of the counter I used is changed to that of my hotspot. I checked the screen while it is making the connection.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #10

EmfDev

2131 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2020 :  09:15:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You can also email support to ask for the warranty on your unit.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.06 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000