New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kamilw

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2019 :  08:44:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi All,

My counter shows ~20-30 CPM at home, but once I place it on top of you iPhone and leave it there, it consistently goes up to 60-70 CPM.

Any insight why that is the case?

Thanks

Kamil
Reply #1

stduser111

4 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2019 :  17:04:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi. This is normal. This is electromagnetic interference due to the fact that the processor is not shielded. 99% of household dosimeters on the market have such a problem. Just do not bring the dosimeter too close to powerful sources of non-ionizing electromagnetic radiation.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

EmfDev

2132 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2019 :  09:09:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi kamilw, do you hear more click sounds as the cpm increases?
Go to Top of Page
Reply #3

ullix

Germany
1107 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2019 :  01:13:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@kamilw: interesting observation. I tested my 300E+ counter by putting it on an Android smartphone. CPMs didn't change. However, when I started a phone call on this phone, and then put the counter on it, the CPMs increased from 20CPM to ~35CPM.

So it demonstrates that you have to well consider the environment of your counter. Some strange results may be explained by such interference!

And EmfDev is eager to state that not only the GQ but "99% of household dosimeters" suffer from this problem. I would like to know which dosimeters belong to the remaining 1% category?

Go to Top of Page
Reply #4

stduser111

4 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2019 :  16:39:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ullix
And EmfDev is eager to state that not only the GQ but "99% of household dosimeters" suffer from this problem. I would like to know which dosimeters belong to the remaining 1% category?

That was my comment. I do not remember the name of those models, but you will not find such a model among the cheap ones. If it is so important for you, then you can try to open the device and shield the PCB using aluminum foil.
But I do not think this is a big problem. It is very easy to distinguish ionizing radiation from electromagnetic interference.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #5

ortegaalfredo

5 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2019 :  18:13:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just put my GCM-600+ on top of my phone (Samsung S9+) and called it 4 times.

Readings didnt increased notably. They went from 37 CPM to 45 CPM, all within normal variation. Just a datapoint.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.06 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000