GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 GQ Electronics Forums
 1.Geiger Counter World Map(www.GMCmap.com)
 Average Monthly CPM Trend
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Phildel

Australia
8 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2023 :  15:58:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I extracted and averaged 1min CPM counts from my GMC500 and plotted them Feb2019 to Mar2023 of Sunbury Australia.

The detector has never been re-calibrated and I was wondering if my 2019/20 upward drift was the device or was there a general increase in background CPM.

Interestingly Jan22 and Jan23 show a significant dip (summertime).

Any observations welcome and any idea where to get the device re-calibrated in Australia?

Phil
Reply #1

GBG12

Canada
99 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2023 :  18:02:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some of the gamma logging sites in the USA run by their federal Environment Protection Agency (EPA) show a similar seasonal variation. It's hard to pin down a definite reason, but soil saturation makes sense. Surface radiation is a combination of sky source (what's left of solar and cosmic after being altered by the atmosphere) and ground-source (from rocks and Radon gas seeping up). Rain or snow can seasonally saturate the soils, blocking Radon seepage. Were Jan 2022 and Jan 2023 higher precipitation times in Sunbury?

Edited by - GBG12 on 04/10/2023 18:05:24
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

igel

Russia
46 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2023 :  01:37:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I am electronic engineer since 1988. Begin to learn EMI fields around us at february 2019 when in our and other villages mounted cell towers. Later I discovered that they emits more than cell data- mind and health control signals known as V2K (Voice TO sKull)
Look my measurements and records on my channel https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9rKv9lMUZyAV5ilI9rnF7cV5_LNYOFUL
And explanations on this forum https://gqelectronicsllc.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9003
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.13 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000