new 600+
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jmurphy

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2023 :  18:09:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just received a GMC-600+ It turns on ok and the date was set correctly. I charged it up but the S4 on/off button does not produce a menu. The counter does seem to be working but without a menu I can't change anything. The hand strap was not connected. Not sure how to connect it.

John
Reply #1

ullix

Germany
1107 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2023 :  09:39:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not a good sign. Suggestion: take out the battery, go fetch a coffee, reinsert battery. While the battery is out, measure its voltage.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

jmurphy

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2023 :  10:26:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ullix

Not a good sign. Suggestion: take out the battery, go fetch a coffee, reinsert battery. While the battery is out, measure its voltage.

Tried that. Battery is 4.12v, higher than I expected but I think that's right. It didn't reboot or anything. acts exactly the same. I think I have to return it. I hate that.

John
Go to Top of Page
Reply #3

ullix

Germany
1107 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2023 :  01:12:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Battery seems ok. You could try to connect to the counter from a computer. But if that worked, you'd conclude the display is disconnected, and you'd have to return it anyway :-/
Go to Top of Page
Reply #4

Bobakman

USA
89 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2023 :  11:36:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jmurphy

I just received a GMC-600+ It turns on ok and the date was set correctly. I charged it up but the S4 on/off button does not produce a menu. The counter does seem to be working but without a menu I can't change anything. The hand strap was not connected. Not sure how to connect it.

You mentioned it "turns on OK" but S4 will not bring up the menu?
Take a look at the video and let us know if your unit performs the same. If I understand you correctly you just are not getting access to the menu by depressing S4 as in the video?
You should also be hearing as in the video a definitive "Click" When you depress S4.
As far as the hand strap it looks to me like it is installed during manufacture requiring disassembly which I would not recommend you do since your unit is under warranty. I would recommend sending it in and requesting a NEW replacement.
Bob

[https://youtube.com/shorts/KEO3RpdQ1QE?feature=share]

“If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration.”
Nikola Tesla

Edited by - Bobakman on 03/11/2023 12:19:08
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.06 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000