GMC 600+ Stuck At Zero CPM
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tksirius

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2023 :  09:52:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've rarely used this thing and it's only 2 years old, but it's now not reading anything. Does anyone know if this can be caused by old software? It has 2.18. I don't see anywhere on the website to download a newer version.
Reply #1

EmfDev

2143 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2023 :  12:01:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi tksirius, have you tried doing a factory reset? Please email support with your serial number so they can check for firmware updates for your device.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

tksirius

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2023 :  15:44:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by EmfDev

Hi tksirius, have you tried doing a factory reset? Please email support with your serial number so they can check for firmware updates for your device.

Yep, did a reset twice. I was just curious because I saw another comment that a bad tube caused the same problem. Hopefully, new firmware can fix it.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #3

EmfDev

2143 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2023 :  11:36:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yea please email support for firmware updates. You can also try increasing voltage by about 3-15% and see if it can work.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #4

tksirius

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2023 :  17:21:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, increasing the voltage only lasted so long. Even at 100%, it doesn't register anything. Unfortunately, I ordered the M4011 geiger tube thinking it is what the 600+ used. I should have checked before ordering, oh well. Is there anything else I could try to get this thing working or am I just at the point I have to get a new one?
Go to Top of Page
Reply #5

ullix

Germany
1107 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2023 :  20:55:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
I ordered the M4011 geiger tube t

You can still use this tube to determine whether the tube is the problem. Open the case of the 600, and remove connections to the 600 tube, and make connections to the M4011. You can even make connections using lab cables and crocodile clamps. Make these wires as short as possible.

You should get counts - expect around CPM=20. If not, then there is an electronic defect
Go to Top of Page
Reply #6

EmfDev

2143 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2023 :  13:39:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is best to send it back to us to fully check it. It may not be the tube issue. Please contact support for the procedure.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.06 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000