Reading Issue and Factory Reset not working
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jo

16 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2022 :  03:40:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello, I have two issues with my new emf-390 reader:

1. When I used it for the first couple of hours while testing my iPhone with wifi on but in idle mode (i.e. not actively used), the reader displayed RF every 30 seconds, coming from the phone. And this occurred wherever I was in the house. When I tested the exact same phone in the exact same locations some hours later, there was no longer any RF except when I actively used the iPhone. How can you explain this knowing I did not change any settings on the phone or the router and I was alone at home the whole day?

2. So I tried to reset the reader to its factory settings in case there was an issue with it but I cannot do this. Nothing happens whatsoever when I set factory reset to “yes”.

Thanks in advance for your support on those two problems.
Reply #1

EmfDev

2143 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2022 :  17:37:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Jo,

1. The second time, do you mean the meter was not detecting RF from your phone except when you are using your phone? Its possible that phone is saving power. Also make sure both are charged when testing.

2. When you set the Factory Reset to "Yes", you have to wait around 5 seconds then the device will say "Factory Reset, Please Wait..."
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

Jo

16 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2022 :  09:12:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

Yes I managed to reset the device before I received your answer.

As far as the RF readings are concerned, I indeed meant that the phone showed RF only when in use as opposed to also in idle mode previously. After I did the factory reset, RF were again displayed also in idle mode, every 30 seconds or so. And it worked like that for two days. But this afternoon, there is no RF even when I’m using the phone (like writing this message on wifi). How can I trust this meter? It is so much inconsistent. Both the phone and the meter are fully charged, which was the case the first two times as well.

Edited by - Jo on 03/09/2022 09:18:06
Go to Top of Page
Reply #3

EmfDev

2143 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2022 :  18:24:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Jo, did you use RF Browser to check the RF?
Go to Top of Page
Reply #4

Jo

16 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2022 :  00:15:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello, I always use the All in One Mode. Is RF browser supposed to be more precise? Because nothing happens there either while I’m typing this message on my phone with wifi on. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #5

EmfDev

2143 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2022 :  11:22:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is preferred to use RF browser for RF measurement so you can see if there is a spike. Also you can try to stream high quality video instead to check.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.06 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000