cell tower radiation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

yaser

Iraq
3 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2020 :  12:51:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi , i got GMC 600+ , can i know if cell towers effect on my device reading , as i have many cell and internet towers in my city,in case it can effect , how much it is ?
thanks in advance

yaser
Reply #1

Searinox

Romania
48 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2020 :  08:24:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The device you have detects ionizing radiation only and will not detect any kind of radio-spectrum or microwave radiation. If you want radio and microwave spectrum detection, you need an EMF device not a geiger counter.

Edited by - Searinox on 10/25/2020 08:45:37
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

ullix

Germany
1107 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2020 :  00:00:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Searinox is perfectly right that you cannot "measure" cell tower radiation with a Geiger counter.

However, this does not rule out the possibility that you can get electric interference from it. Try this yourself: put a smartphone on your Geiger counter, and make a call from or to this phone. Very likely you will see some strange reaction of the Geiger counter.

But this effect is also a question of the strength of the disturbing electric signal, and a phone directly on the counter gives a much, much electric signal, than even a nearby cell tower!

While electric noise from things as trivial as a vacuum cleaner in the house, an elevator, an air conditioning unit may give rise to disturbances, it is unlikely that cell towers have a noticeable effect, though not completely impossible.

I wouldn't worry about cell towers.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.06 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000