GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 GQ Electronics Forums
 1.Geiger Counter World Map(www.GMCmap.com)
 Sharing data on World Map whilst travelling
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

CrocodileDandee

Australia
55 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2020 :  09:06:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there, I am based in Quorn, South Australia on the World Map and I am travelling to the famous Maralinga site soon, having much more higher results. My question is, how can I still share the data from there on the World Map. Can I open a Hotspot on my phone if there is a mobile phone network and create another Geiger counter (even if its the same I use), or can I share the saved data afterwards on the world map? If I can share that afterwards, how can I manage that, having only Macs and iMacs? Many thanks for your responses and greetings from South Australia (you can find quite low entries at the moment from me between 10-20 CPM).
Reply #1

EmfDev

2132 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2020 :  09:37:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi CrocodileDandee, unfortunately, the GMC can't send saved data to the online map. But you can connect it to a hotspot like what you said to your phone when traveling to be able to send data online. You can either use your current pin location, or you can also create another geiger counter with different location. Just don't forget to change the Geiger Counter ID parameter on your unit to send the data to the correct pin.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

CrocodileDandee

Australia
55 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2020 :  10:04:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by EmfDev

Hi CrocodileDandee, unfortunately, the GMC can't send saved data to the online map. But you can connect it to a hotspot like what you said to your phone when traveling to be able to send data online. You can either use your current pin location, or you can also create another geiger counter with different location. Just don't forget to change the Geiger Counter ID parameter on your unit to send the data to the correct pin.

Ok thanks for letting me know. I will try this!
Go to Top of Page
Reply #3

CrocodileDandee

Australia
55 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2020 :  08:11:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks all for your input. I tested it and it worked. I added a pin to the location where I go next Monday and Tuesday, which is the famous Maralinga site. I tested it out, but please ignore the false CPM with 13. It’ll increases a lot on Monday and Tuesday and show the real data.

quote:
Originally posted by CrocodileDandee

quote:

Go to Top of Page
Reply #4

CrocodileDandee

Australia
55 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2020 :  13:57:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks all for your input. I tested it and it worked. I added a pin to the location where I go next Monday and Tuesday, which is the famous Maralinga site. I tested it out, but please ignore the false CPM with 13. It’ll increases a lot on Monday and Tuesday and show the real data.

quote:
Originally posted by CrocodileDandee

quote:

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.08 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000