GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 GQ Electronics Forums
 1.Geiger Counter World Map(www.GMCmap.com)
 Data too long error
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mjb

7 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2020 :  18:33:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have made an account at www.gmcmap.com & registered my GQ GMC-500+. Now, in the GQ GMC Data Viewer, when I try to set the SSID, WiFi password and www.gmcmap.com User ID & Geiger Counter ID, I get the following error when I click the ""Write to device" button. . The "Webite" field is "www.gmcmap.com", the "URL" field is "log2.asp", and the "Peroid" field is "5". The User ID is the 5-digit one from "www.gmcmap.com" and the Geiger Counter ID is the 11-digit one from "www.gmcmap.com". The (WPA2-PSK) SSID is "SVR", and the SSID password is 22 characters long generated randomly by my commercial grade router composed of alpha-numeric & common punctuation characters. Should all be pretty mundane stuff.

Reply #1

mjb

7 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2020 :  03:43:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A little experimenting shows that either the GQ GMC Data Viewer or the GQ GMC-500+ doesn't adhere to WPA2/WPA3-PSK in terms of allowed passwords. I found a workaround by creating an additional (insecure) WPA2/WPA3-PSK SSID isolated to it's own VLAN just for the GQ GMC-500+ with a short 9 character alphanumeric password (no punctuation). This is a bug in the GQ GMC Data Viewer or the GQ GMC-500+, hopefully not a limitation of the WiFi chip in the GQ GMC-500+, and so fixable without too much effort.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.06 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000