Alarm Value Settings
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

marby

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2019 :  13:38:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm EMF sensitive, ignorant of anything electrical verbiage and trying to learn about the settings on my 390. I'm looking for the alarm settings I should set for each of the 3 readings so I know to focus on those areas I hear it. I'm interested in acceptable values of countries lower than values set by the United States. If anyone could give me some where to start, I as I learn my way through this foreign world of electrical jargon, I would greatly appreciate it.
Reply #1

EmfDev

2131 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2019 :  10:02:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi marby, here I just copied paul's links from another thread for reference.

h@@p://www.emfwise.com/emf-safety-standards.php
h@@p://www.emfwise.com/tableofeffects.php

And here are some articles about Electromagnetic Hypersenstiivity. Looks like there's a lot to learn.
https://www.cdc.gov/niosh/topics/emf/default.html
https://www.who.int/peh-emf/publications/reports/EHS_Proceedings_June2006.pdf
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

marby

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2019 :  12:00:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you EmfDev. I've see some of these and will check the others out but my problem is figuring out at what level I should set my alarms to so they are more sensitive than what is preset in the meter. Math is my weakest link meaning I don't know what it means when a number is anything but a whole one. Example 01.010, 1.001 1000.0001, -0.0001 etc. is totally alien to me so going up or down gets even more confusing, then adding in the strange symbols some of them have puts a blank stare in my eyes. I'll keep plugging along and do what I must to keep eliminating and/or minimizing all the EMF junk in my home and do appreciate your response and will keep checking out other posts here.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #3

EmfDev

2131 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2019 :  12:48:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok marby, on the safety card that came with the meter, the "NORMAL" values are based from our research and are standard. Those are the safe numbers. So if you want it to be more sensitive, try to put EMF alarm to 1.0mG, EF alarm to 1 V/m, and RF to 1mW/m2.

Edited by - EmfDev on 07/15/2019 12:48:32
Go to Top of Page
Reply #4

marby

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2019 :  16:33:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you, thank you, thank you EmfDev. These should work great for me. I tried to figure out the safety card to set everything lower but couldn't figure it out. My brain is an Etch a Sketch when it come to numbers. I can look at a math problem, study it until I understand it, look up at anything, look back down and it's like I never saw it before. So, you giving me these numbers I will cleave to them and know these readings are best for my home. THANK YOU :-)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.06 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000