GMC 500 strange readings
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Robie33

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2023 :  13:27:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I’ve had my meter for about 8 mos. Worked fine in the beginning but then it just stopped working. Battery was charged but I called support and they sent a new battery. Once again meter seemed to be working correctly. I’d get normal background measurements from .07-.14 microsieverts. I really just bought this device out of curiosity so not very knowledgeable about all the technical stuff. It was stored in my unseated garage and not used for several months. Yesterday I turned it on and something seemed very off. It showed reading of 1.74 microsievert which I think is high but the device was saying it was normal. I was outside. While it gave this reading, it never changed even when I walked around. I turned it off and on several different times and each time it powered on it gave a reading >1.3 microsieverts- it still said this was in normal range and the device never changed reading no matter where I moved. I called support, did 2 resets, during which it would say high voltage failure, adjusted the voltage. It had been at 137% down to 40%. Don’t recall the value. All of this only made the meter act more strangely: 834667CPM reading. Any thoughts on what could be wrong? Again, I bought this out of curiosity, I don’t understand all the tech stuff. Thank you.
Reply #1

EmfDev

2131 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2023 :  09:05:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Robie33, you may need to contact them again for service. Your device seems to have the high voltage failed.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

Robie33

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2023 :  08:50:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just seeing this. Thank you for the reply. Could you possibly explain how a high voltage failure causes errors in readings?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.06 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000