Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 GQ Electronics Forums
 2.GQ Geiger Muller Counter
 GMC-600+ Crashes in Text mode

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ericc Posted - 12/20/2020 : 11:07:43

My new GMC-600+ will crash and reboot in Text mode when the CPM gets above background by some amount.

Was testing with about 30 uSv/h test source on my old civil defense meter and noticed the GMC-600+ will reboot about every 20 seconds or so. (Battery is at 100%)

It doesn't do this in the other modes that I can tell. Just Text mode.

Is there a link to the newest firmware somewhere?

-Eric
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
kotarak Posted - 01/08/2021 : 16:22:46
I can confirm that this bug is not present in version 2.18 and text mode works just fine. After upgrading to 2.21 the bug showed up and started crashing the unit in text mode at high levels. Reverting back to firmware 2.18 resolved the issue but of course it is missing the new feature of 2.21 - the Dosimeter Screen.
I was told this is fixed in 2.22 but no release date for it - I guess they are waiting to accumulate more fixes before it is officially released.
EmfDev Posted - 12/21/2020 : 15:51:13
Seems like there is a fix but not released yet. I will ask support to see if they can release the firmware.
Searinox Posted - 12/21/2020 : 13:51:47
I am on firmware 2.21 and I have previously sent my serial number to you for updates in the past as well as my e-mail, check if you still have it. The issue is occurring as of at least 2.21 so it will only make sense to send me a firmware if a newer version is out.
EmfDev Posted - 12/21/2020 : 10:12:39
Hi Ericc and Searinox can you please send me your serial number? I would like to check if this issue has been resolved. Checking if the a firmware has been released that fixes the issue.
Searinox Posted - 12/21/2020 : 05:22:09
quote:
Originally posted by Ericc

My new GMC-600+ will crash and reboot in Text mode when the CPM gets above background by some amount.

Was testing with about 30 uSv/h test source on my old civil defense meter and noticed the GMC-600+ will reboot about every 20 seconds or so. (Battery is at 100%)

It doesn't do this in the other modes that I can tell. Just Text mode.

Is there a link to the newest firmware somewhere?

-Eric

Hello Eric,

This is a known issue whereby if the display goes over 9.99 uSv/h in Text Mode, the unit will crash and reset. The other viewing modes still work. The issue is known and pending a resolution in some future update.

GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.06 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000