Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 GQ Electronics Forums
 2.GQ Geiger Muller Counter
 Almost no response from ping signals at GMC500+?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Geo-Johnny Posted - 07/27/2019 : 10:13:58
Why does my GMC500+ rarely respond to a ping signal? I have the impression that the wifi module responds to a ping only when the data is being sent to the World Map Server. The GMC320+V5 always answers.

Can a colleague with a GMC500+ confirm this here or is my Wifi module broken? Or maybe it is a bug in the firmware?
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
EmfDev Posted - 07/29/2019 : 15:02:16
That's true, it won't be able to communicate if it's in sleep mode. But it wouldn't be able to act as a server if not connected to external server.
Geo-Johnny Posted - 07/29/2019 : 13:28:14
All right. Of course, it is better to save power especially on battery power. It would be conceivable to activate the sleep mode only in pure battery mode and to deactivate it with external power supply. If in the future the GMC500+ might be remotely controllable over WLAN, I think, the sleep mode of the Wifi module would have to be deactivated also.
EmfDev Posted - 07/29/2019 : 11:54:46
The modules use a lot of power even when they're not sending data. It's hard to add anymore code in 320+V5 because of flash memory limitations. You can measure the current consumption when using the WiFi with the two units and you'll see the difference.
Geo-Johnny Posted - 07/29/2019 : 11:46:57
Ohhhh, I did not think about that. I will test it right now. And I donkey already ordered two new wifi modules. Anyway, the modules cost almost nothing and maybe I can use those elsewhere.
EmfDev Posted - 07/29/2019 : 09:35:36
It might be because the WiFi module goes to sleep mode after sending data to server to save power.

GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.05 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000