Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 GQ Electronics Forums
 2.GQ Geiger Muller Counter
 Is a SBT-9 Tube possible in a GMC 320+V5 ?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Geo-Johnny Posted - 06/26/2019 : 11:19:30
Hello irradiated friends. Has any of you already successfully installed a SBT-9 tube in a GMC 320 + V5 Geiger counter? I tested a new SBT-9 tube with no changes to the GMC 320 + V5, but it does not work that way. I think the anode resistance (R15 - 3MOhm) is too low. Unfortunately, I can not speak Russian, but I think the anode resistance should be ~ 10MOhm?

Does anyone have a tip, which changes to the hardware would be necessary to use a SBT-9 tube? If that worked, I would like to buy a second GMC 320 + V5 and leave one of the two in the original state.

Image Insert:

1182059 bytes
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Geo-Johnny Posted - 07/05/2019 : 22:07:33
quote:
Originally posted by vikisonline

What did you do to get it to work?

I finally got my SBT-9 and put it in with no modifications.

I have not changed anything and the SBT-9 counter tube works. I just tested gamma radiation with a piece of Torbernite. For alpha radiation, I have no material. But I think the SBT-9 counter tube is not so sensitive as the M4011 because it hardly shows any background radiation.

Unfortunately, I still have too little experience with the whole matter. That's why I want to buy a second GMC counter to try more. Basically, I think that the M4011 tube is optimally tuned for the GMC meters and the SBT-9 could only be an addition to the measurement of alpha radiation.

I would like to buy the GMC 600+ meter. But the price and the shipping costs to Europe are too expensive for me. I hope that Amazon Germany someday offers a reasonable price for the GMC 600+.
vikisonline Posted - 07/05/2019 : 18:40:04
What did you do to get it to work?

I finally got my SBT-9 and put it in with no modifications.

I get about 16CPM background radiation, same as with the m4011.

Which is weird. I couldn't get any higher readings with anything. Tried some stone and tritium sights. Maybe will try some smoke alarms soon.
EmfDev Posted - 07/02/2019 : 11:27:42
Yes you need to re-calibrate the unit.
Geo-Johnny Posted - 07/02/2019 : 00:01:13
Thank you for information.
My SBT-9 Tube working now, but i have just 0,01uS/h Background.
And the GMC must have an other calibration, with ~ 0,0116 conversation.
EmfDev Posted - 07/01/2019 : 14:26:35
There is a part of the schematic on this thread.

https://www.gqelectronicsllc.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5461&whichpage=2
Geo-Johnny Posted - 06/28/2019 : 21:47:15
Is there any chance over the support to get a schematic of the GMC 320+? The area around the counter tube and the high voltage part would be enough. That would certainly help also the colleagues from Canada in the parallel thread, which is also looking for a way to realize on the new board layout a SBT-9 counter tube.
EmfDev Posted - 06/28/2019 : 09:17:33
Sorry I have no experience with the SBT-9 tube, but our engineer said that it should work.
Geo-Johnny Posted - 06/26/2019 : 22:20:44
Thanks for the linked topics, but that does not really help. The older GMC models have a different wiring and layout. A potentiometer for adjusting the anode voltage is not available on the GMC 320 + V5. A wiring diagram of the Geiger counter in the area of #8203;#8203;the counter tube would bring more information. Maybe the difference between the M4011 and the SBT-9 tube is too big to solve in a simple way?
EmfDev Posted - 06/26/2019 : 12:21:52
There have been few discussions about sbt-9:

https://www.gqelectronicsllc.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3395&SearchTerms=sbt-9

https://www.gqelectronicsllc.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3549&SearchTerms=sbt

GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.07 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000