Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 GQ Electronics Forums
 3. GQ EMF EF Meter RF Spectrum Power Analyzer
 Incomplete USB Command Set need urgent upgrade.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
stman Posted - 06/10/2018 : 09:22:36
I wish we could have very soon a new firmware upgrade to be able to read all data displayed on all screens :

We should have access to the 0.24 - 7.0 GHz RF measure, for example, and many other things displayed in Vertical Mode / Horizontal mode, with, for example, a new command called <GETRF>>

But also <GETRFPEAK>> and <GETRFPEAKBAND> etc...

This should not take long for the development team to add these new commands.

When do the dev team think it will be possible to have access to a new firmware realease with a more complete command set ?

Kind regards,

Stman
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
EmfDev Posted - 07/03/2018 : 08:46:03
We already added those commands before my last response. Just email support for the update.

The peak is the maximum rf value since you turned on the device.
stman Posted - 07/03/2018 : 01:48:19
Well, it would be great if you could add commands to read, from USB, all informations displayed on "vertical mode" either for RF mode, or the EF / EMF mode.

I bought you device just because of this.

Vertical Mode (RF) :

<GETRF>> would return the value of what is called RF Power for 0.240 Ghz - 7 GHz.
<GETRFPEAK>> would return the power of the RF peak displayed.
<GETRFPEAKBAND>> would return the band having the RF peak.

I also noted that the last value displayed on the vertical mode : Maximum peak vlue, seems to never refresh on the screen, and is always displaying the same number ?

When do you think such software update will be available ?

Kind regards,

Frédéric
EmfDev Posted - 06/15/2018 : 09:28:23
We can add some of them like on the rf screen in vertical mode but not 100% to other screens. Please contact support@gqelectronicsllc.com for more information.
stman Posted - 06/15/2018 : 05:25:54
As discussed with customer support, here is the list of new USB command suggested in order to be able to have access to all displayed data on every screen display mode.

There are other commands that should be added for other screens too (Like the Table mode)

Currently, if we want to have access to all data displays on the screen, we have to downloada hardcopy bitmap of the screen using the ad-hoc command allowing it, and then do some OCR (Optical Caracter Recognition) on this bitmap. This is prehistory and it makes developping software to work with the meter very complicated.

EmfDev Posted - 06/11/2018 : 09:14:54
Yes it is possible to add these commands for future update, but why would you need these commands? Thanks.

GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.05 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000