Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 GQ Electronics Forums
 3. GQ EMF EF Meter RF Spectrum Power Analyzer
 Don't Understand Vertical Large Font Mode (RF)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
RichardSimonelli Posted - 05/29/2021 : 07:39:33
Hi GQ,
Just received new GQ 390 and have been trying it out for 2 days. Most is OK and very nice so far. But I don't understand the top display in the Vertical Large Font Mode. Page 19 in the manual.

It says, Top Reading in Specific Band. Does the user select the band or is it automatically selected? If user, how do I select the band?

Does Specific Band refer to the the 5 Bands of the Spectrum Analyzer on Page 5 of the users manual?

One more question. Where it says Total in All Bands on the display I see that for my version the range is given as 0.24 GHz to 10 GHz. But the photo in the manual says 0.01-8GHz. Does that mean that my unit does not include the FM band around 100 MHz in the total power density reading that comes up. In other words, if I am near an FM transmitter it would not register in the total?

I see that Band # 3 of the Spectrum analyzer is the FM band. How do I see that total power density reading for the FM band?

Mine is Revision 3.61

Thanks for the help!

Richard Simonelli
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
RichardSimonelli Posted - 06/11/2021 : 06:54:34
Thanks EMF Dev,

Thanks again! I am liking the meter more and more. It does offer quite a look at the electro-magnetic-radio environment around us. At this point the only thing I'm missing is an averaging function so I can assess the RF readings quickly without having to watch the numbers jumping around for a time until my brain gives me a "sense" of the average. With an averaging figure I can compare two places very easily. Maybe you're offering this in the future? Nice job, GQ!

Richard
EmfDev Posted - 06/09/2021 : 09:33:50
Hi Richard, that means the EMF reading is low, and also you can press S2 button to switch which bar graph the needle will follow EMF or EF.
RichardSimonelli Posted - 06/09/2021 : 07:27:15
Hi Again EmfDev,

More on the EMF bar graph and analog meter graphic problem.

I pulled the battery for about 2 hours to be sure of a power on reset. Now, when I put the battery back in, the EMF bar graph and the EMF analog meter graph are working in the Vertical EMF screen. However, the first bar in the bar graph only appears when the magnetic field is about 6-7 mG. And the first movement in the analog meter graphic appears at about 10-12 mG. So these graphs seem to be less sensitive than the EV bar graph and meter. Maybe that is not a problem? Maybe that's the way it is supposed to be? Maybe I didn't notice this insensitivity before?

Thanks!

Richard

RichardSimonelli Posted - 06/08/2021 : 12:22:26
Hi EmfDev,

Thanks! That helps. But here is another one.

I've had my meter for about a week and really like it! Its taken awhile to get use to the navigation around the screens, and also what everything means. But I'm almost there. It is a great learning experience, both about the meter as well as what's the air around us.

There is one problem that right be a fault. On the vertical screen for EMF (gauss), the analog meter image is inoperable and the bar graph on that screen for EMF gauss is inoperable. The bar graph for electric filed on that screen works. Also, all the other info for EMF gauss on that screen, as well as other screens, works fine. It's just the analog meter graphic and the bar graph graphic on the vertical screen for EMF in gauss that is inoperable..

I tried everything, including pulling out the battery for 10 minutes to try to get a good reset. Still doesn't work.

How should I proceed to get this working?

Thanks again for your help.

Richard
EmfDev Posted - 06/01/2021 : 09:18:57
Hi RichardSimonelli, the specific frequency that the RF in vertical mode only covers the 2.4-2.5GHz and 240-1040MHz.
The range .24-10GHz is there but technically the actual detectable range is .01-10GHz. The total power density from the spectrum analyzer has been removed.

GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.06 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000