Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 GQ Electronics Forums
 4. GQ Hot Air Soldering Rework Station
 Calibration

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
dvcavall Posted - 02/06/2013 : 20:59:09
Hello. I purchased a used GA 5200 Rework Station. Unfortunately, it appears that the temperature displayed is not at all accurate. Is there any way internally, such as pots or something, that can be used to calibrate both the iron and the hot air? I have a HAKKO temperature gauge to calibrate the iron with. Not certain what to use to calibrate the hot air with? Any advice would be great. Thanks
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ZLM Posted - 05/18/2016 : 07:15:40
I do not have a complete schematic, so I am not able to tell you the exact part. After I checked the board. I think there are two variable resistors should control the gain. Those variables are located on the right-bottom of the PCB and close to U7.

See:

Image Insert:

1699230 bytes
rddube Posted - 01/29/2016 : 04:41:36
Hello ZLM,

The user dvcvall refers to GA 5200 Rework Station, he probably meant GQ 5200. But in any event, the pots you refer to cannot be found on my GQ 5200. Could you please post a picture of both VR that need to be used to adjust temperature?

My unit needs calibration (temperature is off by at least 25 degrees) and I would like to perform the adjustment, but I tried VR's as close as I could find to your description and they have no effect on the readout, especially the iron temp.

Tks
dvcavall Posted - 02/19/2013 : 10:39:41
Great. Thank you.
ZLM Posted - 02/17/2013 : 01:03:33
VR1 only for hot air.

There is another one for iron, which is close to the iron display LED.
dvcavall Posted - 02/16/2013 : 20:11:18
Thank you for the reply. Does the one pot adjust both the hot air and the iron temp readout? If so, how to you adjust the readout individually? Thank you once again.
ZLM Posted - 02/08/2013 : 11:09:57
Yes. There is a VR1 POT to adjust the accuracy on PCB. Its location is close to 7 seg. LED display.

GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.05 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000