Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 GQ Electronics Forums
 3. GQ EMF EF Meter RF Spectrum Power Analyzer
 Radio Amateur 14Mhz Band tests

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
johnm1000 Posted - 03/05/2021 : 10:51:44
I am trying to measure my field strength for the new regulations on EMF. It seems that the GQ EMF-390 cannot do that.
But spec said 0.01Ghz up to 10Ghz..
Pity as I just bought one!
Regards,
John
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
WigglePig Posted - 03/29/2021 : 06:02:58
quote:

I cannot see that I could prove to the inspector that I am within the new licence limits for radiation. I have till mid April before the new licence ammendments come into force. All radio operators civil/military etc are going to have to comply.

You will not need to "prove compliance" but just that you have made a reasonable assessment and the expected levels are below the published exposure limits. The best and easiest way of doing this is to make calculations using the published OfCom and RSGB calculator spreadsheets; if these do not give a positive outcome (they are quite pessimistic) then a more detailed assessment will be required.

Measuring the levels you are generating will be extremely difficult with the equipment available to the typical radio amateur, even with the appropriate test equipment it is not easy.
EmfDev Posted - 03/09/2021 : 13:29:58
Damien68 is correct and you can just calculate the power density using the parameters of your antenna. The EMF390 is not specifically calibrated in 14.2 MHz frequency range.
Damien68 Posted - 03/09/2021 : 08:40:54
Or try to find reference setup with similar configuration. and get value as it's.
it is above the good liver that you can have to be able to show.
Damien68 Posted - 03/09/2021 : 07:17:59
it is radiated power you are looking for?
If it I think the best is to evaluat it with modelisation and calculation based on your antenna diagramm, configuration and Tx power. Done by an radio amateur it should be admissible by the authorities in case of control.

or with a RF detector specialy calibrated to 20m band.
otherwise you will only have one chance to be wrong especially since we are on the edge of the bandwidth and bandwith qualification is not defined and must not be at all at -3dB.
johnm1000 Posted - 03/09/2021 : 06:11:14
Yes used the RF Browser. I only got about 5mW/m2 even at 14.2Mhz 100W and 10ft from the antenna. I have tried using the software to download the RF browser data but it does not seem to be recorded. Also only power and no frequency information so I cannot be sure it is not my mobile phone or the wifi.. Not sure the GQ meter works for lower frequencies. I also tried it on 433Mhz at 10W into 1/4wave. Hard to get close to antenna but at about 20ft away the wifi was clearly stronger..
I cannot see that I could prove to the inspector that I am within the new licence limits for radiation. I have till mid April before the new licence ammendments come into force. All radio operators civil/military etc are going to have to comply. Any ideas welcome.
EmfDev Posted - 03/05/2021 : 13:35:50
Hi John, did you use RF Browser? What reading did you get on RF Browser?

GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.05 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000