Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 GQ Electronics Forums
 3. GQ EMF EF Meter RF Spectrum Power Analyzer
 Quickly explain EF

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n8xyn Posted - 01/01/2019 : 12:54:44
EMF in my understanding is a fluctuating magnetic field and my home is acceptable as for as that goes but EF is high what does EF reflect?
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
EmfDev Posted - 08/15/2019 : 09:04:55
It's a little less accurate above 1000 range.
Bill D. Posted - 08/14/2019 : 19:37:19
Finally, near some outlets and breaker boxes I get readings approaching 2000 V/m. But the specs indicate that the 390 has a range of only 0-1000 V/m. Apparently the scale extends beyond 1000 V/m or does it lose accuracy past that point?
EmfDev Posted - 08/14/2019 : 13:07:25
Could be, but these are for antennas.
Bill D. Posted - 08/14/2019 : 12:44:12
In searching for an answer I came across what is called the near-field effect of antennas (since a power line is a low freq antenna): "Very close to the antenna, in the reactive region, energy of a certain amount, if not absorbed by a receiver, is held back and is stored very near the antenna surface. This energy is carried back and forth from the antenna to the reactive near field by electromagnetic radiation of the type that slowly changes electrostatic and magnetostatic effects..." Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Near_and_far_field

There are diagrams showing these regions.

EmfDev Posted - 08/14/2019 : 09:56:24
Could be. It could also be from static around it. Those two are different things. Like you can generate few thousand EF from the carpet. It doesn't even have voltage.
Bill D. Posted - 08/13/2019 : 19:38:34
Yes, I see the difference. But it's hard to comprehend how such high voltages are generated in the field. Is it like a feedback loop?: Current creates an oscillating magnetic field, this field creates current which in turn creates a magnetic field, etc.
EmfDev Posted - 08/13/2019 : 15:48:50
Those two are different things. 120V is the voltage of the outlet and has reference to its ground that can provide current for devices. Electric field is the field around charges that can cause force to there charges.
Bill D. Posted - 08/13/2019 : 15:28:52
Household current is 120V, yet I pick up EF readings up to 1500 V/m near outlets and breaker boxes. How is that possible?
EmfDev Posted - 01/14/2019 : 15:09:36
Electric fields mostly from power lines.

GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.08 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000