Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 GQ Electronics Forums
 3. GQ EMF EF Meter RF Spectrum Power Analyzer
 High Hand Held EF Readings

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
dby Posted - 01/18/2019 : 09:18:10
Hello everyone, this is my first message on the forum. I recently purchased the EMF-390. I have noticed that the meter readings are much higher in EF range when I'm in contact with the unit compared to when it's rested on a surface. Is this normal and which level is the correct value?

Thank you
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
kulcousy Posted - 08/05/2019 : 21:19:35
A power line runs along my drive way beside the house. Readings are as much as 600V when held vertically gripping the sides. When I go behind a large oak tree it drops to zero. Inside the house it is shielded. Still, I'm leery of being outside.
EmfDev Posted - 01/23/2019 : 09:42:16
So your body can affect the EF measurements.
dby Posted - 01/23/2019 : 04:11:49
This may explain something about the readings I've been getting:

quote:
Electric fields are created by the voltage present in the electrical
system, either the building wiring or power cords. A current flow is not
necessary to create an electric field. This means a device does not have
to be turned on to create an electric field. Electric fields can usually be
easily eliminated or shielded. Electric field measurements complex as
the investigator’s body affects and diverts the electric field which in
turn influences the measurement results.

From this pdf:

h p://etandt.com/documents/Shielding_E-Fields_in_Residential_Bedroom.pdf

*Note the http is incomplete as the site doesn't allow external links.
EmfDev Posted - 01/22/2019 : 10:00:09
The 3 axes only applies for EMF. Are they on the same distance away?
francois Posted - 01/19/2019 : 05:58:18
I saw the drawing of where the sensors are located and had the top of the device hanging at the same position for both measures.

However, the angle of the device was different in both cases. If I have the EF sensor at the same position, does the angle (on the 3 axises) matter?

Thanks.
EmfDev Posted - 01/18/2019 : 16:00:02
@dby, It's possible that your body already has static charge that affect the reading, but it shouldn't be that high.

@francois, It depends on the direction, the sensor is located on top of the device. So when detecting, your should point it to the EF source.
francois Posted - 01/18/2019 : 14:52:10
I also get higher EF V/m readings when I am holding the device in my hand.

For, example, when close to a lamp:
- 320 V/m when holding in my hand (hand covering S1,2,3,4 buttons)
- 27 V/m when holding the device by the string loop

Does this mean the correct reading is 27 V/m ?
dby Posted - 01/18/2019 : 11:42:05
Thanks once again for your responses to my questions. I can only assume that the ef's in my home are being amplified by my body, as I've also found that I only have to move close to the meter when indoors for the ef levels to rise.
EmfDev Posted - 01/18/2019 : 11:35:13
So there may be some EF's inside your home. For example, I discovered the wire under a metal cover got pierced by the nail from the metal cover so the EF was really high when I stood on top of the metal cover.
dby Posted - 01/18/2019 : 11:25:51
I've never tried it outside of my home, so I've just taken it outside and it does indeed drop to 0 when holding it when there's no near-bye electrics.
EmfDev Posted - 01/18/2019 : 11:17:29
That's weird, because as long as you're grounded or hold the device, it should read zero. So where ever you go to it's always not zero as long as you hold the device? Did you try it in an EF free environment?
dby Posted - 01/18/2019 : 11:08:11
When I hold the device it never shows 0, the alarm always sounds as soon as I pick it up. So I assume it's just constantly reading my body static, so there's no way of knowing what's me or another source unless I don't touch it.
EmfDev Posted - 01/18/2019 : 10:46:31
That's normal, if you play with the top of the device like a piano, you can make some music with the GHOST alarm and EF mode.
But yea, if your body/clothes has some static charge, it will get detected by the device when you touch it.
When you hold/carry it with you, it should show 0 since you and the device will have the same charge. So you can point it to something else for EF detection.
dby Posted - 01/18/2019 : 10:26:50
Hi, thank you for your reply. It's both really. As soon as I touch the device the readings can go from less than 1 v/m to high readings in the 100's showing 'Static'.
EmfDev Posted - 01/18/2019 : 10:18:48
Hi dby, your body can have some static charge that the device can detect. Does it happen when you are carrying it or touching it while resting on the surface?

GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.05 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000