Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 GQ Electronics Forums
 2.GQ Geiger Muller Counter
 GMC-3xx ACPM/uSv/h for user selected time?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
i80386 Posted - 08/04/2019 : 00:36:08
Hi, is it possible for GMC-3xx devices to display an average CPM or uSv/h for a user selected period of time, such as 8 minutes, instead of being present for the entire period of power on? With frequent change of locations, it is quite disturbing to restart the device for average readings. Maybe add this feature in the next firmware?
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Geo-Johnny Posted - 08/04/2019 : 05:42:25
Exactly, I also wanted to suggest the Timed Count. It is always the question of what you want to do in the mountains with the GMC? To measure the local radiation over the entire hike, you can also look at the average data at home later. If you are looking for radioactive minerals, you must have the display always in view and the average value is insignificant. Since the current values are much more important.
Stargazer 40 Posted - 08/04/2019 : 05:17:29
Just go to Timed Count on menu page and select Other. Put in time and when you hit Menu button it starts. You can also delay with Scheduled selection ahead of Other. Change Display to Text mode to see average.
i80386 Posted - 08/04/2019 : 01:50:41
Hi Geo-Johnny, this really does work, but for a hike in the mountains, for example, it is much more convenient to just look at the display time to time without need to press any buttons.
Geo-Johnny Posted - 08/04/2019 : 01:09:17
For the desired behavior you do not have to turn the device off and on all the time. Simply set the counter to zero and the average value will be recalculated. That's very easy. "User Option"> "Reset Total Count"> "Yes", done.

GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.05 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000