Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 GQ Electronics Forums
 2.GQ Geiger Muller Counter
 Question - Geiger Counter with Wifi Interface?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Geo-Johnny Posted - 07/14/2019 : 09:47:53
Question to the GQ Team ...

Will it be possible in the future to read the data via WLan and remotely control the Geiger counter models with Wifi? The connection via a router or via a smartphone hotspot already exists and the Geiger counter responds to ping signals. It would probably only be a small part in the firmware, Data Viewer and in the demo software to program to establish a TCP / IP connection via a port. The USB data cable would then be needed only for the first settings. The communication to the world map server remains as usual, but all settings and accesses could be made via the Wifi interface.

Best regards ...
JOHNNY

P.S.: This week i will get a brandnew GMC-500+, I'm looking forward to.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Geo-Johnny Posted - 07/15/2019 : 12:52:32
Thank you, that would be great. I know, good things take time.
EmfDev Posted - 07/15/2019 : 12:40:46
There is a possibility that this feature will appear in future products though. If that happens, it might also go with the current ones, but we'll need more time.
Geo-Johnny Posted - 07/15/2019 : 10:16:21
Ohhh, that's a pity, because the conditions would be there. The devices are indeed in the same home network and get a unique IP address. But if it is, then it is so, we can not change it. Thanks for the answer and information.
EmfDev Posted - 07/15/2019 : 09:39:20
For the 320+V5 it's hard to change the firmware because of it's limitations. But for 500/+ and 600/+ it is possible.
We tried it before, we're able to go into its local IP Address and let it do something but in the end we never put this feature.
It's possible that we won't add it in the future though. The GMC-510/520/+ have a feature where you can text it to get some data.

GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.05 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000