Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 GQ Electronics Forums
 2.GQ Geiger Muller Counter
 Buy the GMC-600 from Europe or an alternative

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jfx18 Posted - 04/09/2019 : 10:14:33
Hi, I'm a newbie here and I'm looking forward to buy a Geiger counter. After spending 4+ hours reading this forum and other sites, I came to the conclusion that the GMC-600 is the counter that better fits my needs, which are fast estimate time and high sensitivity for field exploration in granite rich landscapes and detection of uranium glazed tiles and other radioactive goods. Plus I like that it has alpha detection, which I'd like to test by trying to detect radon in closed rooms (although I know this is not the best type of counter for that purpose).
Anyway, I'm from Europe, Spain to be precise, and I'm not able to find an EU based seller that sells the GMC-600 (I've only found an GMC-600+ for 580€/$650+ ) so buying from GQ USA seems the best choice.

My question is to any European customer reading this about what's your experience with customs and taxes when the shipment gets to Europe, since my budget is too small to have any surprise in form of extra costs when the counter arrives to Europe.

Any other counter recommendations are welcome. I've seen that I can buy the GMC-500+ as well as the 320 series from Amazon Europe:

https://www.amazon.es/s?me=AKVL4MRYBNW0F
However, that GMC-500+ seems to be the hardware version 1 (I asked them but no answer was received) plus I donīt really need a SI3BG tube for my application.
Maybe I could get a GMC-320 and stick a sbt-9 https://www.pocketmagic.net/tube-sbt-9-end-window-geiger-tube/ or a sbt-11 on it or just stay with M4011.

I also had a look at the Soeks dual Sbm20 counter and this little guy:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-NetIO-Geiger-Counter-Embedded-Module-GC10-with-SBM-20-/183641438372 which seems quite fun, but this forum, the community and the responsiveness of GQ to its users makes me want to try GQ product.
I canīt wait to hear your opinions and sorry for the long post.
Thanks!
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
jfx18 Posted - 04/13/2019 : 13:54:40
I just talked to support and it seems that all the GMC-500+ being sold on Amazon are the V2 so I might go for it. And just to inform anybody that is in the same situation as me, after some more investigation, all shipments from outside Europe might get some customs duties. It's kind of a lottery, at least in here Spain. That's why I might go for the 500+ sold from Europe.
Thanks for the answers.
EmfDev Posted - 04/10/2019 : 09:06:54
Hi jfx18, have you emailed support? You should email them as they know the answers to your question and can help you directly with your order.
SolarSurveyMonitor Posted - 04/09/2019 : 13:07:08
I just bought from Amazon, and they also managed shipping and handling, and customs. Customs in Mexico issue a 16% VAT charge, which Amazon internally handles. The benefit is, that at checkout shows what is charged and maybe you can view same options, I paid all at once.

GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.06 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000