Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 GQ Electronics Forums
 3. GQ EMF EF Meter RF Spectrum Power Analyzer
 Measuring EMF from 4G or WiFi at at a distance

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
garibaldi Posted - 10/07/2018 : 06:52:48
I recently purchased a GQ EMF-380 meter for measuring EMF from various sources. I currently have a cable modem for Internet am considering switching to a a 4G-based Internet solution for a much smaller cost. I have a detached garage with ethernet going to it so I could place this 4G Internet receiver in my garage and use the ethernet cable to bring the Internet to my house. This would keep the 4G a decent distance from my house. I have not yet tested it, but I am guessing I won't see any increase in the mG on the meter when inside my house once I have this 4G Internet device installed (because of the inverse square law). If that is the case, should I be concerned about it causing more EMF inside my house if I can't measure it this way with the meter? I know it would obviously be communicating with the tower and therefore there would be more waves in the air than before, but is this a problem if the meter is not registering an increased mG value inside my house? Similarly, I can measure an increased mG near my WiFi router, but elsewhere in my house the values are very low. I'm trying to understand if there is some other way of measuring EMF or RF at a distance that I should do? Thanks!
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
EmfDev Posted - 10/12/2018 : 08:36:53
Yes, the 8 mW/m2 didn't come from the 2.4GHz band. If you use your microwave, you will see the number shoots up.
garibaldi Posted - 10/11/2018 : 16:13:05
Ah, I understand now. The 8 mW/m2 in Horizontal RF Mode is in the range of 664Mhz - 689Mhz so maybe a weak LTE signal from somewhere else? I don't have the 4G device on when I'm taking these readings.

The 0.15 mW/m2 on the RF Graph screen was showing up in the top-right corner at around 2.43Ghz to 2.44Ghz.
EmfDev Posted - 10/11/2018 : 08:28:26
You should monitor the Horizontal/Vertical RF Mode as it also picks up signals in different ranges. Or you can try the 240MHz - 1040MHz in RF Graphs to check if it picks up 4g signal from the tower or your router. By the way, what banddid the 0.15 mW/m2 came from? is it from the 2.4g? Thanks!
garibaldi Posted - 10/10/2018 : 18:36:09
Thanks for the help! So to clarify, I should use the "Horizontal Mode" or "RF Graph" mode and watch the mW/m2 value over time to obtain an average RF density? These two modes seems to disagree - "Horizontal Mode" shows around 8 mW/m2 while I'm just holding the EMF-380 in various places not near any device (and I turned my WiFi router off). However, "RF Graph" shows a value around 0.15 mW/m2 in these same places. It seems like 8 mW/m2 not near anything and with my WiFi router is a high value, doesn't it?
EmfDev Posted - 10/09/2018 : 09:28:34
Hi garibaldi, The RF sensor might still be able to pick it up. But if that's far away, then you shouldn't have to worry
about high EMF from inside the house instead you monitor RF density.

GQ Electronics Technical Support Forum © Copyright since 2011 Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.05 sec. Snitz's Forums 2000